Pathfinder 1E Paizo's Pathfinder Forums

Wolv0rine

First Post
Does anyone know if they're always so friggin slow? :) I'm used to ENWorld and CM, where if you go a few hours without any activity, odds are you've been overlooked or ignored, because people are constantly posting.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I don't have an answer to this question, however, the reason I don't hang out on their forums is because the forums are difficult to navigate, in my opinion. I think they would benefit by going to a more traditional board design.

It's too bad too, because I would hang out more over there if the layout were somewhat different.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Darrin Drader said:
I don't have an answer to this question, however, the reason I don't hang out on their forums is because the forums are difficult to navigate, in my opinion. I think they would benefit by going to a more traditional board design.

It's too bad too, because I would hang out more over there if their forums were easier to navigate.
Yep, what he said.

It's difficult to find anything on their forums.

Wolv0rine

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:
Yep, what he said.

It's difficult to find anything on their forums.
This is surely true, it was the impression I certainly got. The forum software and setup just isn't really user-friendly, unfortunately.

But after having DLed and read Pathfinder Alpha 3, I just kind of really liked where it was going. Alpha 1 didn't leave much of an impression on me, but v3 really is going places I like. So I posted some ideas. And my god it takes forever to get a response to something over there. heh

Granted, I'm widely known for having the patience of a hyper over-caffeinated squirrel. :p

Treebore

First Post
Difficult to find anything on their forums? Its called scroll down until you find the header you want.

As to the layout? Yes, it does suck and could definitely benefit from a better layout. I didn't even know how many forums they had until I was linked to the 4E forum the other day. Its way down near the bottom.

I too prefer their forums over most. Very friendly. Not the flaming jerk wads I have seen some claim. At least no more than here.

I was just over there poking around their forums, and I gotta say the style or whatever isn't exactly easy. You have to _want_ to post there.

I really think if they changed the style of the boards, to something resembling the forums I'm used to seeing, their popularity would increase dramatically.

Hairfoot

First Post
Maybe I've just been conditioned by Vbulletin, but I agree. I think the problem with Paizo's boards stems from a simple lack of colours and icons for navigation.

Eosin the Red

First Post
Darrin Drader said:

It's too bad too, because I would hang out more over there if the layout were somewhat different.

Ditto

Phlebas

First Post
Treebore said:
I too prefer their forums over most. Very friendly. Not the flaming jerk wads I have seen some claim. At least no more than here.

I've been posting a bit during the PF play test and definitely think the tone is very freindly - like ENworld (or as it was before the 4E wars started....)

but yes, the forums are not laid out the best and the layout etc is not that inspiring. especially compared to here
Ii just wonder though if they particularly want a huge amount of traffic on their boards? I guess its good advertising for their shop but if they're not supporting 4E, why would they give over bandwith to a 4E forum?

Keith Robinson

Explorer
I check out the paizo forums often enough, but like others have said I'm not a fan of the layout. If they implemented a more standard format (ie phpbb or vbulletin or somesuch), then I think they'd be a lot more popular.

Having said that, the paizo site has been slow for as long as I can remember, so I'm not sure that implementing new forums would help that any.

Remove ads