• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 I need... College of Wizardry spell conversions!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hey, has anyone done conversions for these 2nd Edition spells from College of Wizardry? Or does anyone know if they've been updated to 3rd Edition in an official source?

1st-Level
Lucid Vista
Slip

2nd-Level
Abendroth's Magical Accountant
Continual Wind
One Question

3rd-Level
ESP Barricade
Gaslungs
Steadfast Perception

4th-Level
Adamant Grasp
Conceal Features
Weapon of Words

5th-Level
Carroissa's Appalling Dash
Mnemonic Negation

6th-level
Shout of Ruin
Timejump

7th-Level
Estrange
Descry

8th-level
Bloat
Iterative Mnemonic Negation

9th-level
Strip Resistance
Terminate Scrying

Last edited:

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I actually did remember to look, but it wasn't in the two boxes I have with me (I still have lots in storage since my move last year). As soon as I get it out, I'll be resurrecting BOZ' spell conversion thread, too; I'd love to see some of those old chestnuts reborn.

On the flip side, I DID find my copy of Volo's Guide to All Things Magical ... but that's not what this thread is about, so I'll keep quiet now...

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
HA! After visiting my far-away storage room & retrieving several more D&D book boxes, I found my copy. As I have time, I'll try to do a few conversions.

Olive

Explorer
Eridanis said:
HA! After visiting my far-away storage room & retrieving several more D&D book boxes, I found my copy. As I have time, I'll try to do a few conversions.

Whoohoo!

Lucid Vista

Illusion (Glamer)
Level: Drd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, AF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Special
Area: An emanation with a radius of 10' per caster level
Duration: 1 minute per level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

For flavor text, see Cordell, Bruce; College of Wizardry, TSR, Inc. 1997
The effect emanates from the caster's location at the time of casting.
Arcane Focus: a shard of clear glass or crystal.

Last edited:

Slip

Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, M
Range: Close (25' + 5'/2 levels)
Target or Area: One object or a 10' square
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: See text

See the Grease spell in SRD:
SRD said:
Grease

Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1 Components: V, S, M Casting Time: 1 standard action Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels) Target or Area: One object or a 10-ft. square
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: See text

A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. This save is repeated on your turn each round that the creature remains within the area. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Balance check. Failure means it can’t move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Balance skill for details).

The spell can also be used to create a greasy coating on an item. Material objects not in use are always affected by this spell, while an object wielded or employed by a creature receives a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item. A creature wearing greased armor or clothing gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Escape Artist checks and on grapple checks made to resist or escape a grapple or to escape a pin.

Material Component: A bit of pork rind or butter.

Abe's Magical Accountant

Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Clr 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, M
Range: Close (25' + 5'/2 levels)
Effect: One invisible, single minded, shapeless servant
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: None

The descriptive text for this spell can be found on page 31 of College of Wizardry.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads