• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Sun in Dragon magazine

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
I am normally uninterested in Dragon magazine. However, I heard that they will soon publish a D&D3.5 conversion for Dark Sun, which does interest me a lot.

In which issues are these going to be, and what will they cover (if anyone knows)?

JPL

Adventurer
Jürgen Hubert said:
I am normally uninterested in Dragon magazine. However, I heard that they will soon publish a D&D3.5 conversion for Dark Sun, which does interest me a lot.

In which issues are these going to be, and what will they cover (if anyone knows)?

It's #319, as I recall. Two months hence.

Dungeon/Polyhedron will also feature Dark Sun content that month.

As I understand it, they are trying to cover...everything. Rules, setting, and an adventure or two.

I wonder how they'll tweak the classic setting, if at all...

Ranger REG

Explorer
Where's my Dungeon/Polyhedron magazine with the Dark*Matter d20 Modern mini-game in it?

Ah! Here it is.

Coming in May!

Dark Sun Player's Guide - Dragon #319
Dark Sun DM Guide & Adventure - Dungeon/Polyhedron #110

I don't know about you guys, but if Paizo is going to publish only 4 mini-games a year, they might as well use this format.

langolas

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Where's my Dungeon/Polyhedron magazine with the Dark*Matter d20 Modern mini-game in it?

Ah! Here it is.

Coming in May!

I don't know about you guys, but if Paizo is going to publish only 4 mini-games a year, they might as well use this format.

that is pretty groovy! I was a big fan of the fluff of Dark Sun, and I even ran a few games. I liked the grittiness of it all and the fact that it hurts to cast magic. I normally don't pick up Dungeon but I will for that issue!

JPL

Adventurer
Ranger REG said:

Ah! Here it is.

Coming in May!

Depends on the minigame. Dragon should probably remain D&D.

If they'd like to give us one or two D&D campaigns / minigames per year...sign me up.

Hell, when they do the Player's Guide to the Planes or whatever it's called, it would be a perfect chance to do Planescape...put the PC stuff in Poly, the setting stuff in Dragon, and some adventures in Dungeon.

[But only if it's all DiTerzelli art.]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads