• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Faerie Encounters

ElectricDragon

Explorer
I've made up my own fey complete with mythical backgrounds and such. Unfortunately, I submitted them to be published in an e-zine that hasn't come out yet. I also created some associated creatures (magical beasts and animals) to fully flesh them out. If you want I could send you the information I have; but I can not post it here.

Ciao
Dave

CombatWombat51

First Post
I know what you mean about fey (throughout the editions) being rather flavorless, or at least not the flavor I think of when I think about European fairy tales. And I'm sure there'll be lots of interest in your fey stuff ;)

ElectricDragon, I'd certainly like to see the work you've done! Send me an email at combatwombat51 at hotmail dot com, and I'll be your best friend forever :D

Last edited:

I'm going to keep this thread handy. Some nice inspiration.

Hmm. What if my Underdark were to have faerie encounters like this? Interesting. I wonder if I can come up with any ideas that are nearly as good as yours. It's 4am, so maybe the loopiness will assist me.

A man who is a river that tries to flow uphill, but he gets so tired doing so that he drinks himself, and has to rest to regain his body. If the PCs steal his glass cup from him, he'll thank them for stopping him from drinking.

Three shadows, each of which insist it is darker than the others. Of course, they've never seen light, so they have no way of knowing. The party might offer a bit of torchlight, and depending on which shadow they judge to be darkest, they might gain a boon, a curse, or be attacked.

A tiny mischevious sprite that controls a maze of tunnels that have odd echoes to them. The sprite is itself a creature of echo, and it repeats anything anyone says within earshot. You can trick it into doing favors for you by saying something like, "I'm going to show you the way out," which it will repeat and think was its idea. Just never say, "I'm going to kill you."

A pair of stalagmite pillars that sit on either side of a narrow passage. As you walk through, they steal any wood you have on you, because they used to be dryads. They have stats much like xorn. They also collect the skulls of pretty women so they can carve faces onto themselves.

Sniktch

First Post
Very nice; I'll have to subscribe to this one.

I've been toying with the idea of a campaign where the characters are basically normal people (1st lvl D20 Modern), that get pulled in to the Land of Faerie, but I've also found myself largely uninspired by the MM fey. Now that Grimm is out I considered just checking that out, but reading this has started the wheels spinning in my head again :]

Remove ads