Tears for Twilight Hollow IC

Endur

First Post
The 28th day of Marpenoth (October)

Twilight Hollow resembles most other small poor villages that dot the face of Faerun.

A stone temple dominates the village's profile. Most of the remaining buildings have wooden walls and thatched roofs. The aroma of burning pine spreads an ashen pungency through the air. the smell of a hearty roast rolls out from the local inn, and the blacksmith shop rings with the sound of metal striking metal.

The residents bustle about, performing their daily chores -- until they see you. The moment they see the party of PCs approaching from out of town, their natural rhythym falters. They stop. They stare. They whisper among themselves, and they disappear a bit too hurriedly into their shelters.

Dark clouds gather overhead and begin unleashing torrents of rain.

A cold rain drizzles down on the village, casting misery upon everything. As if on cue, a black-clad woman comes down the street at the head of a funeral procession from the direction of the temple. Her hooded cloak hangs heavy and wet. The woman carries a wooden staff so dark and knotted that it matches the expression of pain on her face.

Six pallbearers in black hoods carry a coffin. The ornate box glows with a soft magic light. The citizens of Twilight Hollow emerge from their buildings to stand in respect as the procession passes. Some hold up banners bearing the symbol of Ilmater. Some step forward to join the parade and walk along with other villagers. The funeral approaches. You hear the mourners chant in a practiced monotone.

"Sacred Ilmater, hold your child in your arms. In these dark times, watch over her and protect her from harm. We pray not for ourselves, but for her. We pray that, one day soon, her soul will know rest or return."

Karl Green

First Post
Dra’vin Frostblood

An man of average height and looks, wearing simple worn clothing and a dull green cloak, Dra’vin bows his head in respect to the funeral positions. He remains quit and tries to be as 'unnoticed' as possible.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Jalen Isadore, female human cleric of Ilmater

*Jalen halts the mules and joins in the funeral chant, raising her hands upward toward the heavens.*

I wonder who died? And how? It must have been someone important for such a large funeral. I should investigate to see if I can help, and to make sure it's not a sign of further troubles to come, for I would not want any other soul to suffer an untimely death if I can prevent it. Surely Zinnias will come with me to see what's going on, Jalen thinks.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
List Defthand: Human/Male (Rogue)

Seeing the funeral in progress List lowers his eyes to the ground, he had never been comfortable with them, nor did he suspect he ever would.

His eyes still uncomfortable with looking at the ground drift to the more devoted women by his side, he considered her a friend and her desire to help everyone was something he admired and always hoped to be, but fate it seems, could never make him serous enough for it.

Looking upon Jalen he knew that they had finished their travel for at least the rest of this day…

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Zinnias Miller Male Human Paladin of Ilmater

Zinnias joins the others in bowing his head in respect for the deceased. He quietly says a prayer to Ilmater under his breath as he holds his holy symbol.

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
The Funeral procession passes by the party and continues on its way.

Cold rain continues to fall as the sun goes down behind the Sunset Mountains.

Twilight is upon the party in a village you have never visited before.

The small village has signs for an inn, a baker, a tailor, and a blacksmith. There are no other businesses in this village of farmers.

Shenanigans

First Post
Tohav

Tohav keeps his head low as the pallbearers carry their heavy load past him.
I wonder who died? The banner's of Illmater wouldn't be used if he or she wasn't a devout follower. We should find out, because having to talk about dark times is not a good omen for this town.

As they enter the town, Tohav turns twoards the others. "Do you want to stay in the Inn, or setup camp outside of town?"

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Dra’vin Frostblood, human male ranger

Keeping his voice low, Dra'vin nods and says "While I would much prefer to camp under the stars, tonight I think we might wish to stay at this inn..." as his gaze follows the funeral procession "...some strangness about all of this."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I believe we should go to the temple first before setting up the hospital. I want to ask if I can help in any way, and I must check with the local temple before setting up any way. Once that's done, it may be better to sleep out of the wet if we can help it," Janel says, getting ready to guide the mules to the temple.

Shenanigans

First Post
Tohav nods in agreement with Dra'Vin. "You all can go to the temple. Im going to check out the inn and see what that funeral and "dark times" bit was all about."
With that, Tohav guides his horse twoards the Inn and enters the place.

Remove ads