• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The MST3K Monster Project is Complete! Download here!

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
So, this March, for the March Monster Movie Madness, I statted up Trumpy (he of the magic things from Pod People). I then decided to, for whatever mad reason, stat up a bunch of monsters from other movies featured on Mystery Science Theater. I released several previews, then ceased work on it. Why?

One word: kaiju. They take a long time to stat, what with all the feats, skill points and special abilities.

So, after some procrastinating, I decided to eliminate the "classic" kaiju (aka Godzilla and Gamera) altogether from this netbook, keeping only American giant monsters (which have few abilities beyond size, after all). The Japanese kaiju will all be released later (when? who knows?) in a Kaiju Compendium.

So here, enjoy!

Demiurge out.

Attachments

• The MST3K Monster Project.doc
    231.5 KB · Views: 237

Alright! If you need some help with those kaiju, let me know. I've made a couple for my game world, using the template that was published in "Dragon" a couple years ago. Which base creature would you use for Godzilla?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Oh, I've already done a lot of kaiju (you can look for them throughout this forum). Godzilla was the first one I did, using a tyrannosaur as the base creature. I heavily modified the template, using it as more of "guidelines" for creating the kaiju accurate to their film form. More kaiju I've already done, and their templated basis (where applicable) include
Gamera- dragon turtle
Gigan- hook horror
Gyaos- the "giant" form is the kaiju template added to a "lesser" form of my own making
Spiga/Kumonga- spider, monstrous
Kamakiras- praying mantis, giant

Some of them that I've already done that are completely unique are King Ghidorah, Spacegodzilla and Legion.

Demiurge out.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Inspired by the previews for recently released products on the WoTC site and hoping to inspire more downloads of my file and more comments in this forum, I present...

Ro-Man
From the movie Robot Monster
Large Construct (Alien)
Hit Dice: 8d10+30 (74 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40ft (8 squares)
Armor Class: 26 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +15 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 24
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+18
Attack: Slam +13 melee (1d8+8) or calcinator death ray +9 ranged touch (20d6)
Full Attack: 2 slams +13 melee (1d8+8) or calcinator death ray +9 ranged touch (20d6)
Space/Reach: 10ft/10ft
Special Attacks: Calcinator death ray, frightful presence
Special Qualities: Construct traits, darkvision 60ft, DR 10/magic, low-light vision, SR 22
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 15, Con -, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 15
Skills: Climb +19, Intimidate +13, Listen +11, Spot +11
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (calcinator death ray)
Environment: Any land or underground (Moon?)
Organization: Solitary or battalion (5-20)
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: Standard, plus calcinator death ray
Alignment: Usually lawful evil
Advancement: 9-27HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: -

This strange creature is a humanoid about 8 feet tall with a gorilla-like body, although it stands upright. It clutches a crossbow-like device in its hand, and its head resembles a helmet bedecked with antennae. The faceplate is clear glass, revealing the lack of a head within.

The ro-men are the automaton-like soldiers of The Great One, an incredibly powerful alien wizard.

Ro-men are usually dispatched on solo missions, demonstrating their power with a shot from their calcinator death rays and then demanding that the populous submit to The Great One and become his laborers. If this fails and the people rise against the ro-man, it will use its death ray and powerful fists to escape, then request back-up from The Great One (in the form of more ro-men) as to annihilate its targets.

Sometimes, though, a ro-man suffers from faulty programming. These rogue ro-men are known to become curious about emotions and other human trappings, and often revolt against their master. Needless to say, a rogue ro-man rarely lasts long.

A ro-man stands 8 feet tall and weighs about 250-300 pounds. Ro-men speak Common., and usually at least one other language.

Combat
A ro-man is a cunning and brutally efficient warrior, killing its opponents methodically with its fists. It tries to conserve its uses of the calcinator death ray to crucial situations.

Calcinator Death Ray (Sp): Every ro-man is equipped with a calcinator death ray, a ranged weapon that fires a deadly disintegrating beam. Any creature struck by a calcinator death ray must make a Fortitude save (DC 20) or take 20d6 points of damage. A creature that saves successfully takes only 5d6 damage. A creature slain by a calcinator death ray disintegrates into ash. All calcinator death rays have 50 charges when newly created. This is otherwise as a staff of the disintegrate spell as a 10th level caster.

Frightful Presence (Ex): Whenever a ro-man attacks, charges or uses its calcinator death ray, all creatures within 60ft must make a Will save (DC 16) or be shaken for 5d4 rounds. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Construct: Immune to mind-influencing effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, necromantic effects, critical hits, fatigue and exhaustion, nonlethal damage, ability damage or drain, energy drain or death by massive damage. A ro-man cannot be raised or resurrected.

Note that this contains errata for the document- the ro-man's Advancement in the file reads as "11-30 HD" (apparently, he originally had 10 Hit Dice).

Demiurge out.

Demiurge, you kick so much arse once again.

Perhaps I'll be able to use the Neptunians in a future campaign some time...

Definitely saved on my computer.

Also, I can't wait for the kaiju netbook.

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Mind-numbing horror of Robot Monster? You've obviously never seen Red Zone Cuba, The Wild, Wild World of Batwoman or "Manos": Hands of Fate. All terrible, terrible movies. Robot Monster has Ro-man, who's goofy enough to be redeeming. All three of the movies I mentioned have no redeeming features whatsoever. Not even any real monsters, except for the bekneed Torgo and stock footage of the Mole People.

And yet I still have an odd fondness for all of them. I'm crazy like that. Which is why I made a document like the MST3K Monster Project, which I'm so glad has been enjoyed. There! I'm on topic!

Demiurge out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads