Dawnforge: Heroes of Legend - Game Restart

G

Guest 11456

Dawnforge: Heroes of Legend (OOC Thread)

This will be a short campaign with possibilities of a continuing campaign, should things work out.

Game info:
36 point buy. Max gold. All Dawnforge races and Dawnforge classes allowed only. Feats, Skills, and Equipment from Dawnforge campaign book, Age of Legend, and 3.5e core books only. Game will start in Seagarden. Characters will either be residents or newly arrived by ship from where ever. Characters are first level. No evil alignments. Only one player with each race and only one player with each class. Six players max.

These are the current players, their current race and class choices (all caps for completed characters).

Player - Race - Class:
Lady Shatterstone - NIGHT ELF - SHAPER
Ashy - LIZARDFOLK - RANGER
Isida Kep’Tukari - DOPPELGANGER - ROGUE
Kajamba Lion - TRUEBORN HUMAN - BARD
DarkMaster - GNOME - WIZARD
Sephiroth no Miko - THINBLOOD YUAN-TI - PSYCHIC WARRIOR

Last edited by a moderator:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I have my character, and here he is!

Zek (alternate form, Mother Anja)
Male Doppelganger Rogue 1 (Female middle-aged halfling)

Alignment: Neutral
Patron Spirits: Fate
Region: Fairing Folk

Height: 4' 11'' (2' 11")
Weight: 101lbs (27lbs)
Skin: Pale Gray (Hair: Curly Brown)
Eyes: Silver (Dark Gray)

Str: 13 (+1) [8 points, -2 racial]
Dex: 16 (+3) [10 points]
Con: 14 (+2) [4 points, +2 racial]
Int: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Wis: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Cha: 14 (+2) [6 points]

Racial Abilities:
+2 Con, -2 Str Low-light vision, +4 racial bonus on Bluff checks, +4 on Fort saves vs. poison and disease, cultural influence (halfling +2 to Bluff, Perform, and Sleight of Hand checks), alternate form (Mother Anja, middle-aged halfling woman), restricted skills (Decipher Script, not literate).

Class Abilities: Sneak Attack +1d6, trapfinding.

Racial Talent: (Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, AoL) Mimic Age and Gender (reduces Disguise check penalty by 4 for attempting to look like another age or gender).

Hit Dice: 1d6 + 2
HP: 8
AC: 15 (16) [+2 armor, +3 Dex, (+1 size)]
Armor Check Penalty: 0
Init: +3 (+3 Dex)
Speed: 30ft (20 ft. as Mother Anja)

Saves
Fortitude +2 [+0 base, +2 Con]
Reflex +5 [+2 base, +3 Dex]
Will +1 [+0 base, +1 Wis]

BAB: +0 (+1)
Melee Atk: +1 (1d8+1/x3/P, medium spear)
or
As Mother Anja (+2 (1d4+1/x2/S, small sickle))
Ranged Atk: As Mother Anja +4 (1d4/x3/60 ft./P, small shortbow)

Skills
Appraise +3 [2 ranks, +1 Int]
Bluff +10 (+12) [4 ranks, +2 Cha, +4 racial (+2 cultural influences)]
Craft (drawing) +1 (+3) [+1 Int (+2 cultural influences)]
Diplomacy +4 [2 ranks, +2 Cha]
Disable Device +5 [4 ranks, +1 Int]
Disguise +8 (+18) [4 ranks, +2 Cha, +2 kit (+10 alternate form)]
Escape Artist +4 [1 rank, +3 Dex]
Gather Information +4 [2 ranks, +2 Cha]
Hide +5 (+9) [2 ranks, +3 Dex (+4 size)]
Listen +3 [2 ranks, +1 Wis]
Move Silently +3 [2 ranks, +1 Wis]
Open Lock +7 [4 ranks, +3 Wis]
Search +5 [4 ranks, +1 Int]
Sense Motive +2 [1 rank, +1 Wis]
Sleight of Hand +5 (+7) [2 ranks, +3 Dex (+2 cultural influences)]

Feats:
Trust in Fate (1st level)

Languages: Common, Doppleganger, Halfling

Equipment:
Leather Armor (25gp)
Small Sickle (6gp)
Medium Spear (2gp)
Small Shortbow (30gp)
40 arrows (2gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Bedroll (5sp)
Waterskin (1gp)
50 ft. hemp rope (1gp)
Winter blanket (5sp)
Traveler's outfit (1gp)
Flint and Steel (1gp)
Belt pouch (1gp)
Trail rations (20 days worth) (10gp)
Common lamp (1sp)
10 flasks of oil (1gp)
Disguise Kit (50 gp)
Thieves’ Tools (30gp)

Money
30gp, 3sp

Appearance: In his natural form, which rarely anyone sees him as, Zek is a thin, slightly stunted doppelganger with mottled gray skin and silvery eyes. He wears serviceable leather armor, carries a spear, and has an undersized shortbow on his back and a small sickle in his belt. However, normally Zek appears as a middle-aged halfling woman with curly brown hair tied into a knot on her head, dark gray eyes, wearing a serviceable skirt, vest, and canvas shirt that have seen some wear on the road. Her eyes are somewhat secretive, but her face always seems to have a slight smile on it. Her fingers and hands show faint scars from both hard labor and fighting.

Personality: Zek is a cautious, calculating individual, but also unafraid to throw all his efforts into whatever opportunity fate gives him. He watches the world with a curious eye, taking in all around him. Mother Anja, his alter-ego, is a cheerful woman that books no nonsense with those around her. Clever and wise, with years of experience in the criminal aspect of life, she is a mother and tutor to all young would-be thieves.

Background: Zek was raised in Anderland, in a small village along a halfling trading route. Or more accurately, he was raised on the fringes of the village. His mother, I’kray, raised him for only a few short years, and he only has dim memories of her. She had been posing as a human hunter that occasionally brought game in for the village, while still living out in the woods. One day one of her prey turned on her, and she was gored to death by a buck deer.

Zek was still very young for a doppelganger, and wasn’t ready to fend for himself. Taking what few possessions his mother had, he lit out on his own. The few true pieces of doppelganger knowledge it had included that mostly their kind was not welcomed in this land. Starving, he tried to stay close to the fringes of civilization. It was Mother Anja who found him alongside the road, starving and nearly dead. Taking pity on the young creature, and seeing potential in his nature, she nursed Zek back to health.

As Mother Anja raised him, she also tutored him in everything she knew, from her own impressive skills of thievery, to halfling philosophy and lore. Anja was a great believer in the whims of fate, and believed that anything that came to her hands through her skills was meant by fate for her to have. Zek took enthusiastically to this philosophy, applying it to nearly everything in his life. While he kept himself hidden, and no one else ever knew she had taken in a doppelganger foundling, he considered himself one of her most loved children.

Anja had a circle of thieves, burglars, pickpockets, and roofwalkers that answered to her, many of which had been entirely trained by her. However, as she got on in years, she wanted to take a vacation to both enjoy the fruits that fate had dealt her, as well as giving her “children” some time to grow on her own. She let them know she would be gone for a rather undetermined period of time, and then left with Zek for her small country home. On the way there, a storm blew up suddenly, lightning filling the sky. The skyfire struck a large, half-dead tree, which blew over onto Mother Anja’s wagon. She was killed instantly, though Zek was thrown free and had nary a scratch.

Seeing the heavy hand of fate at work, Zek decided to give his “mother” the best possible epitaph he could. He used his budding shapechanging abilities to take Anja’s form, the one he knew the best. Using all the skill he had, he managed to make himself in her image, almost enough to fool her other children.

Zek knows that he does not yet have the skill to successfully pull off taking over Anja’s life, as both his skills as a burglar and his ability to imitate Mother Anja’s mannerisms are not up to par. Currently he is traveling to the Dreaming Isles in order to try to improve his skills and shapeshifting abilities so that he can eventually pick up where Mother Anja would have wanted him to, or so he thinks.

Ferrix

Explorer
transition made... now the making character part... who was it that they said they'd help me? cause i sort of need it for the moment... need to find a gaming store up here that might carry dawnforge.

what's the difference between the various races and the new classes so I can get some ideas...

having read the a review or two so far i'm getting a picture but clarification could help

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ferrix said:
transition made... now the making character part... who was it that they said they'd help me? cause i sort of need it for the moment... need to find a gaming store up here that might carry dawnforge.

amazon

If you have paypal I would suggest:
d20books or FRP Games

Ferrix said:
what's the difference between the various races and the new classes so I can get some ideas...

An insane amount... I highly suggest you get the book. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads