THe Advancing Hoard: Game 2 - 3.5 D&D Adventure (Full)

Mithreander

Explorer
The forest was quiet as the group walked through it, elf signs all over the trees for those that knew to look, and these adventurers knew that not to heed the warning to all of those going through the forest was a quick road to destruction, for Wildwood was the home of the largest colony of wood elves known... and they were not friendly to those that did not respect their forest.

It was just another day to these brave souls, on their way to Orenstein on the other side of the mountains, which in turn where beyond this forest and the plain that followed. They were going to the fabled city of trade (and rogues, though that was normally spoken under ones breath) to find work. They knew that work abound for a group of industrious individuals such as themselves.

THis is an exact copy of game one, except that it's full already and the players that have shown interest in this game have already been included.

Those players are: The Baron, Zerth, Isida Kep'Tukari, the Brain and Thels.

Character creation rules remain the same for this thread as the other:

1. As the title states this is a 3.5 D&D game which will be using the core rules (As found in the SRD) and a few other books besides (Songs and Silence, Sword and Fist, Masters of the Wild, Tome and Blood, Defenders of the Faith, and the Psionics Handbook), as well as the use of the rules on Paragon's from the Unearthed Arcana.
  2. Classes in the Core Rules welcome, even those reserved for NPC's (though why you'd want to take them, I'm not so sure).
  3. Races in the Players handbook are also welcome as well as the variants for those races found in the Monster Manual (Drow, Gray Elves, Wood Elves, Wild Elves, Deep Dwarves, Duergar, Mountain Dwarves, Svirfneblin, Forest Gnome, Tallfellow, and Deep Halflings)
  4. All characters start at 1st level, but will be advancing quickly (too quick to somes thinking, I'm sure!) ECL races (such as Drow) will not advance to 2nd level until they have bypassed their ECL level.
  5. Stats or abilities (if you prefer) will be determined by rolling (yes, rolling!) 4d6, re-rolling ones once. Now, that's not all. Your lowest score becomes an 18. Arrange as you please.
  6. Gold and Hit points start at Max.
  7. If you have any questions or requests, I'm pretty easy, so feel free to ask.
  8. I'm looking for 3-4 players (but knowing that it'll be 4). The first players to complete their characters will be the ones to join (or at least the ones to start asking questions specific to their characters).
  9. NEWI'm sorry to inform you, but the 3.0 phyonics rules are all that I have access to (The SRD that I'm using does not have that information available yet, and the WIzards of the Coast SRD is blocked by my firewall), so to at least allow some psyonics, please use those rules. Sorry for the inconvienience.

Character creation has already started for many of you, so I would ask if you could please transfer your characters to this thread for review. Let's try to keep the participants of each thread seperate so there is less confusion (for my simple mind, at least).

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy this... unorthidox (at least in the way it's run) game.

Zerth

First Post
Miro Starwalker
Male Aasimar Paladin 1
Alignment:
Lawful Good
Deity: Heironeous
Height: 6' 1''
Weight: 196 lbs
Hair: Silver
Eyes: Blue

Str: 18 (+4)
Dex: 14 (+2)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 14 (+2)
Wis: 15 (+2) [base 13, +2 race]
Cha: 19 (+4) [base 17, +2 race]

Class and Racial Abilities:
+2 Wis; +2 Cha; Darkvision 60ft; Daylight 1/day; acid, cold and electricity resistance 5; +2 racial bonus to Spot and Listen;
aura of good; Detect Evil at will; Smite Evil 1/day.

Hit Dice: 1d10+2
HP: 12
AC: 16 (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
Init: +2 (+2 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +4 [+2 base, +2 Con]
Reflex +2 [+0 base, +2 Dex]
Will +2 [+0 base, +2 Wis]

BAB: +1
Grapple: +5
Melee Atk: +5 (2d6+6 / 19-20 x2 / slashing / Greatsword) or +5 (1d4+4 / x2 / bludgeoning / Light hammer)
Ranged Atk: +3 (1d6 / x3 / 60' range / piercing / Shortbow) or +3 (1d4+4 / x2 / 20' range / bludgeoning / Light hammer)

Skills:
Concentration +6 [4 ranks, +2 Con]
Diplomacy +8 [4 ranks, +4 Cha]
Handle Animal +5 [1 rank, +4 Cha]
Knowledge (nobility & royalty) +3 [1 rank, +2 Int]
Knowledge (religion) +3 [1 rank, +2 Int]
Listen +4 [0 ranks, +2 Wis, +2 racial]
Ride +6 [4 ranks, +2 Dex]
Sense Motive +3 [1 rank, +2 Wis]
Spot +4 [0 ranks, +2 Wis, +2 racial]

Feats:
Combat Expertise (1st)

Languages: Common, Celestial, Elf, Gnome.

Equipment:
Greatsword (50gp)
Shortbow (30gp)
Light Hammer (1gp)
Arrows (20) (1gp)
Chain Shirt (100gp)
Explorer's outfit

Backpack (2gp)
-Bedroll (1sp)
-Trail Rations (6 days) (3gp)
-Hempen Rope (50ft) (1gp)
-Spade (2gp)
-Arrows (20) (1gp)

Belt pouch (1gp)
-Waterskin (1gp)
-Flint and steel (1gp)

Money:
45 gp, 9 sp

Appearance: Miro looks like a handsome human man, but his flowing long silver hair betrays his celestial heritage. He has bright blue eyes and a deep, but pleasant and assuring voice. He wears a deep blue tunic on top of his chain shirt. A large sword is sheathed on his back along with a shortbow. There's also a small hammer hanging on his belt.

Background: Despite his celestial blood, Miro's parents are both 'normal' humans. He was born to a noble family, which has had potent magic users for many generations. That is probably the answer to his heritage, beacuse his grandmother - a potent sorceress - strangely disappeared about twenty years ago and hasn't been seen ever since.

Even in his early teens Miro proved to be very charismatic and was already a skilled swordsman. He was a boon to his family and his parents had planned a great future to him as the new head of the family and the caretaker of their property. But Miro never cared about riches or fame, and he openly critizized his father for using his position selfishly. He didn't want to end up as a greedy noble only interested in adding gold to his coffers, so he declined and left the rich life to use his talents for the good of all.

Miro decided the best way to protecting the innocent and aiding the needy was to join the Order of the Golden Moon. The order has many good monks and paladins as members, who all worship Heironeous and dedicate their lifes in battle against evil. Miro hasn't seen much action thus far, but hopes that will change soon as he has just recently completed his initial training and gained full membership of the order.

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Mithreander said:
THis is an exact copy of game one, except that it's full already and the players that have shown interest in this game have already been included.

Those players are: The Baron, Zerth, Isida Kep'Tukari, the Brain and Thels.
You belong here, Isida. ;)

Zerth

First Post
Mithreander said:
Zerth, Order of the Golden Moon? Where can I find information on that... o wait, I'll just do a google search.
Hehe, it's something I made up myself. You can do anything you want with it. :p

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, here is my revised, 3.0 dwarven savant. :)

Brogoan Coalbeard
Male Dwarf Psion (Savant) 1

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Patron Deity: Moradin
Height: 4' 0''
Weight: 162lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black

Str: 15 (+2)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 17 (+3) [+2 racial]
Int: 18 (+4)
Wis: 17 (+3)
Cha: 11 (+0) [-2 racial]

Class and Racial Abilities: +2 Con, -2 Cha, darkvision 60 ft., stonecunning (+2 racial bonus to search checks to notice unusual stonework), weapon familiarity (dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes), stability (+4 on ability to resist being bull rushed or tripped while standing on the ground), +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects, +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids, +4 dodge bonus to Armor class against giants, +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks related to stone or metal items, +2 racial bonus on Craft checks related to stone or metal. Psionics powers, psionic combat modes, psicrystal (sage)

Hit Dice: 1d4 + 3
HP: 7
AC: 13 (+3 Dex)
Init: +3 (+3 Dex)
Speed: 20ft

Saves:
Fortitude +3 [+0 base, +3 Con]
Reflex +3 [+0 base, +3 Dex]
Will +5 [+2 base, +3 Wis]

BAB: +0
Melee Atk: +2 (1d6+2/x2/B, club)
Ranged Atk: +3 (1d6+2/x2/P, shortspear)

Skills:
Autohypnosis +7 [4 ranks, +3 Wis]
Concentration +7 [4 ranks, +3 Con]
Craft (gemcutting) +7 [2cc ranks, +4 Int, +2 racial]
Craft (tattooing) +5 [2cc ranks, +4 Int]
Disable Device +8 [4 ranks, +4 Int]
Knowledge (psionics) +10 [4 ranks, +4 Int, +2 psicrystal]
Sleight of Hand +7 [4 ranks, +3 Dex]
Psicraft +8 [4 ranks, +4 Int]
Search +8 [4 ranks, +4 Int]

Feats:
Encode Stone (1st level)

Languages: Common, Dwarven, Giant, Orc, Terran, Undercommon

Powers Known
Power points available – 3
0th – far hand, finger of fire, detect psionics
1st - bio-current

Psionic Attack Modes
Ego Whip, Mind Thrust

Psionic Defense Modes
Thought Shield, Empty Mind, Mental Barrier

Equipment
Club
6 shortspears 6gp
Dagger 2gp
Gemcutter’s kit 5gp
20 gp ruby
Tattooer’s kit 5gp
Backpack 2gp
Bedroll 5sp
Waterskin 1gp
50 ft. silk rope 10gp
Trail rations (20 days worth) 10gp
Belt pouch 1gp
Explorer’s outfit
2 self-made power stones of bio-current 25gp
power stone of control 25gp

Money
7gp, 5sp

Quallax the Sage (psicrystal): Diminutive construct; HD 1: hp 3; Init +2; Spd 0 ft.; AC 13 (hardness 8, 20 hp); Base Atk --; Grp --; Atk --; full Atk --; Space/Reach 1 ft./0 ft; SA --; SQ sighted, empathic link; AL NG; SV Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +2; Str --, Dex --, Con --, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 10.

Appearance: Brogoan is an average-sized dwarf man nearly as broad as he is tall. Sturdy and robust, bearing heavy tattoos of stylized axes, hammers, and runes for luck and health on his chest, legs, and arms, he presents a somewhat fearsome figure. His long beard is as black as coal, braided into ten braids, each with pieces of shiny, faceted jet braided into the end. His head is shaved bald, and tattooed in heavy black ink depicting an open, swirling abyss. His heavy, bushy black eyebrows span his forehead, and his moustache blends neatly into his bear, bearing their own jet decorations. He wears black leather pants and booths, embroidered in white sparingly, along with a black leather vest heavily encrusted with jet beadwork.

Personality: Brogoan is a gruff individual, given to speaking in a low, rumbling voice. One of the very few in his clan to manifest psionic powers, he takes his calling very seriously, and frowns on those that use their powers (whether in magic, psionics, skills, or arms) for frivolous uses.

Background: Brogoan’s powers were brought to the fore at a great personal cost to him. During a cave-in in his youth, he panicked and manifested a fall of fire, which caught on the coal vein he and his fellow miners were trapped in. Saved by an underground lake, while several of his friends were not as fortunate, the fire eventually caused the cave-in to loosen enough the clerics could blast it away and extinguish the flames.

When it was discovered that Brogoan’s rogue powers both saved some miners and had killed others, Brogoan was charged to get his powers under control for the sake of his clan. Bowing to the inevitable, Brogoan retired to the deepest parts of his clan’s mines to learn. Through meditation in the dark, Brogoan gained a measure of surety and control. Finally, he left his clan to test his powers against the outside world. He will not return until he can bring back the death-price for the five dwarves that were killed in the mining accident.

Remove ads