2007 ENnie Awards Submissions Period Open!

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Hey all!

Just wanted to remind you that the submission period for the 2007 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards is now open.
Download the entry form which contains the shipping information for the judges and 6th Pile. Fill it out and fax it to me, or simply email me the contents.
Full submission guidelines and category descriptions are at the Publisher page on the ENnies site.

The final deadline by which time the judges must have received all their material is June 1st, so please don't delay! Products released from May 1, 2006 and April 30, 2007 are eligible.

We eliminated the central shipping option due to liability concerns after the USPS lost an entire box worth of hundreds of dollars worth of product last year. This means that companies need to ship directly to each of the five judges and one to the 6th pile recipient. Publishers/distributors in Canada and overseas should ship directly to me, US participants to Crothian (Chris Gath).

New this year, 3 categories:
-Miniatures: all miniatures suitable for RPG play are eligible to enter. Unlike in past years where only minis marketted exclusively for RPGs were eligible, now minis that are part of other games but also suitable for tabletop play may enter.
-Software: RPG software and gaming utilities (including online utilities) are eligible.
-Regalia: products that don't directly aid game play but that enrich gamers' lives and are RPG-related are eligible. RPG movies, RPG Video games, RPG board games, t-shirts, dice and gamer gear carrying bags, miniature and modelling product, RPG fiction, RPG comic books, etc.; all are examples of what sort of product can be considered.

If there are insufficient entries in each category (as a general rule of thumb, 10 products from 6 different publishers), they will be folded in with their "parent" category, Best Aid/Accessory.

Also, some publishers may wish to note that a vote was taken amongst the duly-elected judges, and it was decided that if a product contains sufficient quantity and quality of material that crosses genres (Adversary, Adventure, Setting), said product may be considered for multiple genre categories. The judges will make every effort to keep the product in the category submitted, but as usual reserve the right to move it around if they think it is better suited elsewhere. Publishers may choose to opt out of being evaluated in any given category on the entry form.

The Best Game and Best d20 Product are mutually exclusive categories, since by definition a d20 product is not a complete game. By the same token, Best Game and Best Supplement are mutually exclusive categories. Those who are concerned that it belittles the competition can be comforted by knowing that all products entered will be considered to be amongst the ten nominees for Product of the Year.

If you have any questions regarding eligibility criteria or submission guidelines, please feel free to ask me in this thread. However, I would like to remind everyone that the time has come and gone for discussions about overall policies and guidelines and codified criteria for judging. I'll ask opinions about the process in August- maybe in the week after the polls close and before the ceremony, and then again after Gen Con, at which point I will welcome public discussion.

Remove ads