• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E [2e AD&D] how does attack in Blink spell works?

rossik

Explorer
Felnar said:
your question appears to be about delaying your turn to the start of the next round
i dont understand how this matters, in both cases your player attacks between blinks
what benefit is gained by having your attack labeled part of round Y instead of roundX?

i just looked through the PHB and PO:combat and tactics
you can "hold your attack" until later in the round, but i found nothing about holding it till the start of the next round

from my reading, your player declares their action (deciding to attack before or after the blink) before blink time is rolled
A. if they want to attack before the blink,
1. declare attempt to act before blink
2. roll initiative(d10), they will swing on that count (or in the same direction if they blink first)
3. roll blink time(2d8), they blink on this count
resolution
if d10 is lower than 2d8, they attack normally then blink
if d10 is greater than 2d8, they blink then attack in the same direction they we trying to (possbily swinging at an ally, a wall, empty space, etc)
-or-
B. if they want to attack after the blink,
1. declare to act after blink
2. roll blink time(2d8), they blink on this count
3. after they blink, declare their action
4. roll d10 and add to the 2d8, act on this count

hopefully this helps,
or try to rephrase your problem

no no, now i get it!
thanks, felnar!
my problem was that i didnt realize tha the player have to declare attack or not in the begging of his action ;)

Remove ads