• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E 2E Question About Pcionic Powers

fitsou

First Post
Hello to all rpg fans there! first off all i want to say sorry in advance for my bad english, cause it's not my speaking language!

so here is the problem:

we are playing a gampain in 2Edition!
Our DM loves pcionic powers so all the great npc are pcionist.
and he created a combo that i belive its not correct.
there is a power called Gird (Metapsionic Card No230 in the Deck of Psionic Powers) and that power allow the pcionicst to maintain another pcionic power as long as we wants!
Our DM says that you can Gird a power with Maintenance cost N/A (Non Applicable) by paying 1 PSP. But the explaination of the power says: The psionicist must first initiate and maintain the power before he roll for a griding power check.
so in my opinion you cannot gird a power with maintenance cost N/A, you can only gird a power with ATLEAST 1 PSP for maintenance!

So i want to tell me who is right in this one!

thanks all of you in advance!

Arkhandus

First Post
You're right, and the DM is wrong.

Tell him to check page 28 of his Complete Psionics Handbook, under "Understanding Power Descriptions". A power with N/A listed for its maintenance cost entry CANNOT BE MAINTAINED. The "Gird" metapsionic power states that the power to be Girded must first be activated and maintained before attempting to use Gird on it. This invalidates your DM's reasoning.

The reason the Gird power states that it requires a minimum of 1 Psionic Strength Point per hour to maintain is simply because certain powers, such as Mind Over Body (page 62) have a Maintenance Cost that is normally paid only once per day, or otherwise paid in further-spaced increments rather than hour, minute, or round-based periods.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I agree, welcome!

I'll slide this over into the Rules forum, where you might be able to find some more folks who use 2e psionics.

fitsou

First Post
guys another question

in the gird card it says:

he pays twice the normal maintenance cost for the girded power-or a minimum of 1 PSP per hour.

that means that a psionicist pays the 2x maintenance cost per hour?? or if only if he use 1 PSP?

Example

Subjective Reality
Initial Cost: 35
Maintenance Cost: 7/round

I will first initiate the power and lose 35 PSP
then i choose to disbelive all priest magic
then a roll a gird check and lose 14 PSP (7x7)
now i'll lose 14 PSP per hour to maintene the gird or 14 PSP per round (as the Subjective Reality says) ?

Arkhandus

First Post
You would be paying 14 PSP each round to maintain Subjective Reality with Gird.

However, I'm not familiar with any power named "Subjective Reality"......... I suppose it must be from a supplement, like one from the Player's Option: Spells & Powers line of books? I checked my Complete Psionics Handbook and saw no such power in it.....

Staffan

Legend
Arkhandus said:
However, I'm not familiar with any power named "Subjective Reality"......... I suppose it must be from a supplement, like one from the Player's Option: Spells & Powers line of books? I checked my Complete Psionics Handbook and saw no such power in it.....
It's from The Will & The Way.

Remove ads