D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Shadowlord build (NO TOME OF BATTLE)

Alexander123

First Post
How can a human being shapechange into a balor? It's physically impossible. So is teleportation and magic itself. How can a human being stop time?

I personally think your DM is a dick for not allowing ToB.

I think that by not allowing ToB your DM is discriminating against non-casters instead of allowing a supplement which will be raise the non-casters (somewhat) to the level of caster classes.

jokeaccount

First Post
Haha maybe you're right but trust me he is a fighter lover (although he plays good caster too). The thing with ToB is that he hasn't studied it much yet in order to BALANCE it that's what he said to me :D.

About all the magic stuff you say he accepts it but when an ability like ShadowPounce is used and it clearly says that "he may execute a full attack upon completion of the teleportation" that full attack counts for your allowed actions per turn so after that its over no shadowblink (swift action) or quickened dimensional doors for another shadowpounce.

Dandu

First Post
The thing is, that i JUST talked to the DM and except from ToB what he does not accept is multiple "full-round requiring actions" in one round. "How can a character do 2 or 3 full round actions in 1 round. It is not physically possible when a round is 4 seconds for the character to do things that would otherwise take 12 seconds". In other words, he considers shadow-pounce a ROUND ENDER ability even if the means of teleportation used before that was a swift action or w/e. Help me argue against that please!
"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes
and other science facts,
Then repeat to yourself, "It's just a show,
I should really just relax
For Mystery Science Theater 3000!"

Last edited:

jokeaccount

First Post
Well its not only that from what he says when the shadowpounce feat was made the developers didn't have in mind swift action teleports (he claims swift action didn't exist at the time it was conceived later) and it would have basically been fixed if they knew people would abuse it like that. Multiple full attacks per round? INCONCEIVABLE!

Dandu

First Post
That word you keep using... I do not think it means what you think it means.

WRT your DM's argument, it is patently false. Swift Action Dimension Doors have been available from the day 3.5e first came off the printing press. What does he think a Quickened Dimension Door is? Or a Quicken SLA Dimension Door off of a Horizon Walker or Monk?

Remove ads