D&D 5E 5e Death Cleric

Baldguy33

First Post
Hey guys, my group is taking a break from our current homebrew campain and we are going to run sunless citadel. DM has no issue with me playing a death cleric nor does he have any issue with me grabbing the UA spell toll the Dead. So I'm like cool I'll give it a shot, my 2 main issues are what feat to take ,I've debated warcaster resiliant, Magic initiate,I'm not sure wich to grab, also I'm having issues with a back story, what did I do to become a death cleric AND not evil , kinda having issues getting around that. I thought about doing last rites and such for the temple but practiced necromancy in the basement and got caught then banished from the church. Anyone have any suggestions , I'm not real good at creating back stories. Thanks alot.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Magic Initiate Druid for Thorn Whip and Shillelagh.
Both allow you to make Wis-based melee attacks, which your CD wants. Thorn Whip even at range.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Goodberry is always a good fallback, and it lasts for 24 hours so it doesn't go to waste.

Re: Not getting into melee: That's where Thorn Whip shines, it's a melee spell attack at range. Spiritual Weapon is equally beautiful, although second level.

mellored

Legend
Thanks! Any sugestions on a Backstory and avoid being "evil"
A farmer who accidentally started a house fire and lost her husband/children, and is adventuring in order to resurrect them. (burn bodies means you need true resurrection, which means level 17 cleric). You carry their ashes in a small urn with you, using it as your holy symbol, and are out to hone your skills and collect enough diamonds to resurrect them. Wear the diamonds to make it harder to steal them.

Though don't start out saying why. Just be a cold woman who is obsessed with raising dead and taking on jobs that pay well in order to get jewelry. Maybe mumble that you killed your family. As the game progresses, reveal you have a soft spot for children, of any race. Struggle between kiling for money, and protecting them. Eventually, reveal that you are just trying to get your own kids back.

And yea, spiritual weapon lets you use death touch at range.

Remove ads