D&D 5E 5E's poor book bindings

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I'm assuning your 1st books were the 1st printing. There is a known issue that the 1st printings of the core books had the glue giving up. I have the 1st printings of every book I've bought, only my PHB started falling apart because that's the book i use the most. I bought a new copy recently, and it's pretty funny finding the differences between the 2 books.
You are correct. It was a 1st printing and a long time ago.

my dmg and mm are still doing fine all these years later but I am easy on game stuff.

it looked like my 1e stuff went through a war , but that is due to high school and college allowing for more time gaming. They were always in a backpack, in the car in my hands....

and they are still quite solid!

lichhouse

Dreamer
I’m pretty sure my books that have fallen apart we’re earlier prints (receipts long gone) but based on some of the stories with customer service shared here I’ll drop them a note and see what happens. Overall though, 5E is a pretty solid system and looks built to last, it’d be good for WOTC to try an upgraded print process or deluxe edition at some point.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I’m pretty sure my books that have fallen apart we’re earlier prints (receipts long gone) but based on some of the stories with customer service shared here I’ll drop them a note and see what happens. Overall though, 5E is a pretty solid system and looks built to last, it’d be good for WOTC to try an upgraded print process or deluxe edition at some point.

I did not have receipts. Granted it was years back! Worth a try.

I believe they did make changes. The problem seems to have been solved. I guess they made changes...

Remove ads