• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A modest proposal: The Edition Wars "Swear Jar"

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
Hello!

I was perusing the D&D forum after a long absence, and it appears that the Edition War threads are still very much alive and well. I find this sort of sad, as I figure it's better to work with things you enjoy rather than tear down things you hate.

So!

I make the semi-serious suggestion of Edition Specific "Swear Jar" Threads, which would be repositories for player generated spells, monsters, NPCs, etc. If you find yourself getting mired in edition debates, you can go to one of these threads and share something you've created for the system you love.

And if you just wanna contribute original material without fighting about editions in other places ... great!

Just an option to consider. :)

Shawn

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I am at least intrigued by this proposal. Sounds like it could be kind of fun.

FireLance

Legend
Better yet, any time you find yourself saying something bad about any edition of D&D, go donate to the Rebuilding EN World Kickstarter. :)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games

Welcome back. :)

I was perusing the D&D forum after a long absence, and it appears that the Edition War threads are still very much alive and well. I find this sort of sad, as I figure it's better to work with things you enjoy rather than tear down things you hate.

Both true.

Better yet, any time you find yourself saying something bad about any edition of D&D

Discussing the flaws of a game is not edition warring.

Remove ads