• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A recurrence of reference

The_Universe

First Post
So, bible passages keep popping up. Any speculations? Which verses have we encountered most recently? Do they have any commonalities?

This serves both as a way to update players that weren't present, and to see if perhaps some of the sleuthing can be done when action doesn't interfere with simple speculation....

cuteasaurus

First Post
I actually don't have anything I wrote down on me (I didn't bring it to work, I'm sure you're shocked) but I'll kind put down what I remember and others can fill in the holes and/or correct me.

Were there 3 passages? There was the root of David stuff and the part about the seals and being able to open...? I'm having a hard time without my notes, does anyone remember where these came from? John? Revelations?

The_Universe

First Post
I believe that the Seven Seals and the Root of David were both from the Revelations passage.

The first was the priest's reference to the demon "Legion" from the Gospel of Luke. The second was the Seven Seals
The third (if it is a bible verse) has not been found out, because it's in hebrew/ancient greek on the rubbing that one of the characters found in the saddlebag.

cuteasaurus

First Post
Ok, that's right (well obviously since you wrote it up...;)) So far we know: Root of David (both literal and figurative) is important and is related to the town to which we are en route. This is also related to the olive tree and the manuscript we're trying to obtain. The seven seals...we haven't gotten much info about but might be related to the manuscripts since the seals are related to the book. Any thoughts?

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Ok, that's right (well obviously since you wrote it up...;)) So far we know: Root of David (both literal and figurative) is important and is related to the town to which we are en route. This is also related to the olive tree and the manuscript we're trying to obtain. The seven seals...we haven't gotten much info about but might be related to the manuscripts since the seals are related to the book. Any thoughts?
What's related to what isn't exactly clear. If I recall correctly, one of the things that was mentioned was the similarity between the infamous and mythical Seven Cities of Cibola (El Dorado, the Seven Cities of Gold) and the mention of the biblical Seven Seals. Both of which were moaned/mentioned by Carlos Ritas (the old priest) while you were awaiting Dr. Reed to come tend to Fred's wounds.

Please, don't take my mentioning it as a hint to whether or not those things are related. I just know it was something someone had mentioned last time we played.

Remove ads