Academy of Drell, Part 7

Jarval

Explorer
"If we're done here for tonight, I'm going to find a hot meal and a good fire to sit near." Mortimer says. "I think we've all gone too long without either..."

Tokiwong

First Post
Keith glances to Charlotte, "I think we should help clean up, it dos not look like we will be solving this mystery this evening..."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Lyrique has been uncharacteristically silent. His eyes are haunted and his ace ashen. He is leaning against some rubble clutching his wand of fireballs. He looks at Charlotte and Keith and just shakes his head like he's trying to wake himself up.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Lyrique looks at Charlotte as if he was waking from a dream. "I will be fine after a few decades of rest. I just have the feeling that I handed a dire power to those who should never have it." He says and slumps onto the ground. He burries his head in his hands.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
"You did." Kith says.

He sees everyone's glares at him and their sympathetic looks at Lyrique.

"What? Okay so Evil has the upper hand. For now." Kith looks at Lyrique, "Lyric is it, look, we're nigh immortal. You've centuries to right whatever wrongs have been inadvertently commited. For now just focus on what can be done, not what is out of your hands."

Kith pauses, scratches under the wig, stops surrepticously looks around and readjusts it.

"Besides, the Crimson Guard know about it now. They'll keep watch for such goings on. Heck the damned thing lay unsought with Yodwin for..." Kith sighs heavily.

"I'm going to see this Captain, then I'm going to Boro-, to, to the tavern to get right drunk, toasting lost friends. I may be sober some time next week."

Kith begins to wander off towards the docks.

Tokiwong

First Post
Keith shakes his head at Kith, and then when things are finished, heads off with Charlotte, if she is willing to follow and find a place to rest for the evening and try and perhaps relax for once...

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Taken aback by the old mans words Lyrique get up and wanders off to his parents home. It's obvious to everyone who knows Lyrique that he is not making any sound other than footfalls. He seems to have lost the will to sing.

Tokiwong

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
Taken aback by the old mans words Lyrique get up and wanders off to his parents home. It's obvious to everyone who knows Lyrique that he is not making any sound other than footfalls. He seems to have lost the will to sing.

Keith calls out to Lyrique, "Flipping him a coin, Lyrique it would be a waste to not hear your voice, perhaps an elven love song for Charlotte's behalf, something uplifting, to dispel the foul mood..."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Keith calls out to Lyrique, "Flipping him a coin, Lyrique it would be a waste to not hear your voice, perhaps an elven love song for Charlotte's behalf, something uplifting, to dispel the foul mood..."
Lyrique stops and turns around intime for the coin to smack him lightly on the arm. He just looks at it and sighs. "I'm not sure if I deserve the gift of song. But I'll try."

Lyrique raises his head and looks to the sky. His voice starts off weak and hollow but after the first verse of the "Lady of Shalot" It builds and it almost as if the sun came out just for Lyrique. The light shows back in his eyes and he stands tall and proud again.

After the last refrain, He looks at Keith and Charlotte ans says "Thank you. I must go now. I hear a voice calling me." He leaves without any more word heading away from the town and the academy towards the cliffs.

Remove ads