• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Advanced Classes

The_Universe

First Post
We've currently got some more votes for Star Wars (as a campaign) over the late 19th Century game (for stuff that I'm going to run). That being said, it should be pretty obvious what the feats, skills, and classes that will be available for a D20 Star Wars game. That's not going to be quite as clear in D20 Modern game, where there are a great many more sources for game resources. As such, I've looked through the resources I have, and have compiled a list of classes apropriate for a game set in the latter half of the Victorian era.

Sources include D20 Modern, D20 Past, Sidewinder: Recoiled, Urban Arcana, D20 Future, the Modern Player's Companion, Darwin's World, Star Wars D20 (Revised). You'll notice that there are no classes focused on the supernatural/paranormal. As a player, you can expect the introduction of at least some strangeness throughout the campaign, but the basic assumption of your character's knowledge at the beginning should be one of a relatively normal world. Stranger things will be introduced/allowed as the campaign progresses.

In some cases, some of the "flavor" of the class may need to be changed in order to better fit the setting, and while I'll list the official name of the class first, I'll also try to suggest a secondary name as necessary, which will be noted with a *. Notice also that multiple classes may have the same name - none of them have identical game statistics or functions, however. Class (page) is the format.

D20 Modern:

Soldier (165)
Martial Artist (167)
Gunslinger (168)
Infiltrator (171)
Daredevil (173)
Bodyguard (174)
Field Mechanic (181)
Investigator (182)
Personality (185)
Negotiator (187)

D20 Past:

Explorer (34)
Musketeer, Duelist* (47)
Frontier Marshall (65)
Gangster (82)
Scientist (84)

Sidewinder: Recoiled:

Bounty Hunter (165)
Brave (167)
Deperado (169)
Grifter (171)
Gunslinger (173)
Maverick (175)
Mountain Man (177)
Pony Soldier (179)
Preacher (181)
Professor (182)
Pugilist (183)
Rifleman (185)
Rustler (187)
Sawbones (189)
Scout (191)
Showman (193)
Soldier (194)
Tin Star (196)
Wrangler (198)

Urban Arcana:

Archaic Weaponmaster, Melee Expert* (36)
Shadow Hunter, Tracker* (42)
Street Warrior (49)
Swashbuckler, Dandy Swordsman* (51)
Thrasher (55)

Modern Player's Companion:

Bounty Hunter (21)
Confidence Artist (23)
Criminologist (25)
Dead Shot (27)
Enforcer (28)
Gentle Warrior (31)
Profiler (38)
Survivalist (39)
Commander (43)
Martial Arts Master (46)
Silent Intruder (53)

D20 Future:

Ambassador (16)
Dreadnought (19)
Explorer (23)
Field Officer (25)
Swindler (29)
Tracer (33)

The_Universe

First Post
This list has been slightly modified, and is now posted on the character creation thread.

However, this remains a good palce to discuss options, etc.

Remove ads