Adventure help!

Durandal

First Post
Hey, all. After reading through the Age of Worms in Dungeon magazine, I felt inspired to run a similar type of campaign, but I've changed some of the variables and such so that none of my players will be able to just pick up the correct month's magazine and find out what they're up against. So thus far, the players, all three of them, have been through several sessions, and have become aware of something called the Ring of Iron, a powerful, secretive, and deadly slave-trading criminal group. What I'd like to do with the next session, which is coming up in a few days, is start the bigger reveal - that the slave-trading members, as despicable and terrible as they are, are really only the outer ring of what is really more of a cult dedicated to bringing their god(dess) into the Material Plane, and possibly bringing about a change in how the world is run. The only problem is that in standard D&D, I'm not sure there is a god whose area of expertise includes slavery - I thought maybe Hextor, but the PHB isn't too clear.

So, I could use some help here. Is there a god in the standard setting of D&D that covers slavery or the like? If so, who are his or her followers, and what type of creatures would worship this deity? I was thinking kytons might be a good fit, given their chain fetish, but I'm having trouble thinking of others. Also, what other types of things might be appropriate for a three player party of 6th level gstalt characters to face? Sorry to bother everyone with the request for help, but grad school classes have been kicking my butt lately, and I've had less time to prepare than I thought. So thanks for any help you can provide!

howandwhy99

Adventurer
The have a full list of Greyhawk deities over on wikipedia.
Khurgorbaeyag, goblin god of slavery, oppression and morale​

The above is the only god I could find with slavery in the portfolio. I think Wastri would certainly do something like this too. In truth, any evil god could work as long as slavery was more useful for them than simple killing (or sacrifice).

Remove ads