• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Age of Worms, Module #1 (SPOILERS)

Pinotage

Explorer
Indeed. I think about halfway through that battle the DM instigated a 'hero points' system and awarded us all hero points. I suspect that he fiddled with a few hps as well since both out warriors were down and we were hurting. We tried to retreat but they just flew towards the door and blocked the escape. It was nasty. The nasties by far, with the possible exception of the end of the second module which is not looking good at the moment! :)

Pinotage

DwarvenDog

Explorer
with 7 PC's

I've had a couple of pure roleplaying sessions that have awarded "story" XP. Basically about 150 per character from this. But with 7 PC's I've had to watch XP gain very carefully. The way I've got it plotted out, the PC's will reach 3rd level immediately after
interring the Land Family bones. But only if they choose a non-violent option of dealing with Kullen and his gang. Otherwise they will level immediately after defeating Filge.

So there should be no reason the PC's won't be 3rd level by the time they come up against this particular encounter.

Animus

Explorer
My party of 6 was 3rd level when they faced the wind warriors. Like everyone else said, you pretty much have to be to win that fight, and I still had one of the fighter types go unconscious and nearly die.

Remove ads