• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Am I an evil DM, am I lazy, or is this just a good idea?

Which am I?

• Evil

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Lazy

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Inspired

Votes: 12 40.0%

xrpsuzi

First Post
You should include option (4): all of the above. :)

Personally, I really like pulling the graph paper out and making dungeons, but if that's not your cup of tea, I think you've found a nice site to cut down on the mapmaking time.

-Suzi

Slaved

First Post
Be careful. If all of the bases have the same ground layout they will always know when they are near an enemy base.........

Although there could be some very interesting world justification why bases can only be built in parts of the world that look 'exactly' like that basic ground layout. Maybe even going so far as if the surrounding territory is changed enough the base will be destroyed because it is now in a place it simply cannot exist........

Emirikol

Adventurer
My players never even look at maps anymore so I don't waste my time. I've got battlemats and scribbles on plain white paper.

jh

boredgremlin

Banned
Banned
if the legion on that site included being able to make the forest and grey mountain tiles as well it would be great for nearly any map.

Add in a few tweaks like dessert terrain and water and you would end up with the mapmaking took i have been looking for online for years now.... easy and quick to use, versatile and effective.

As is i think it would work well for a lot of areas, just not all of them.

DreadArchon

First Post
Well, you don't need to use the entire base space as a base, and you don't have to fill the entire mountain (my PC's won't generally see the actual map), and it's not like ALL bases will be mapped with this for me, but it's still very handy.

green slime

First Post
I'm too evil to even look. Or was that too lazy? Can't remember...

Thanx for link, but there was far too many maps for me to wade through.

Remove ads