[AMBIENT] Prestige Class Contest

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
December 1, 2002- Feb 15, 2003 PRESTIGE CLASS CONTEST

This contest is open to all persons who do not have an existing publishing contract or other professional relationship with Ambient Inc. or its employees.

All entries should be sent in Rich Text File (RTF), Text File (TXT), WordPerfect (WPD), MSWord 97 (DOC) format or in a hardcopy format, and should follow the format in the System Reference Document (SRD).

Electronic entries should be sent to Ambient Inc. by email to the contest address ( editrix@dreadgazebo.com ). Hardcopy entries should be sent by post to Ambient Inc., 1666 Ridge Rd, Vankleek Hill, On, Canada, K0B 1R0. Hardcopy entries will not be returned to the submitter.

Entries must be accompanied by a statement that the entry is for the Prestige Class Contest and that the submitter understands and agrees to the terms of this contest. The submitter must include his or her full name, address and email address.

All entries must be the exclusive property of the submitter. The submitter understands that, if the entry is selected as a winning entry, the entry becomes the property of Ambient Inc. and will be published in an upcoming product with full credit given to the author. There is no limit to the number of Prestige Classes that a person may submit.

Entries may include Open Game Content from other sources, but must indicate what sources are being used, and include a full copy of the Section 15 from the OGL of said source. Limited or no use of third party Open Game Content is essential, and entries that contain excessive amounts of Open Game Content (besides content drawn from the System Reference Document) may be rejected.

Winning entries will be selected by Ambient Inc., and will be the entries that contain original ideas, game rules and concepts, and maintain balance with the existing d20 prestige classes. Winning entries become the property of Ambient Inc., whereas entries not selected for publication revert in ownership back to the submitter.
The First and Second Place entries will receive a prize copy of the Print Edition of Librum Equitis volume 1, as well as electronic copies of all Ambient Inc. electronic products currently released at the time of this contest's announcement (being Librum Equitis volume 1, Librum Equitis volume 2, Thee Compleat Librum ov Gar'Udok's Necromantic Artes and Everyone Else) as well as a free copy of any Ambient Inc. publications containing the submitted work.

Other winning entries will receive a prize copy of the electronic version of Librum Equitis volumes 1&2 as well as a free copy of any Ambient Inc. publications containing the submitted work.
The submission period for this contest ends February 15th, 2003.

(This is an extension of the original deadline of February 1st, as published on the Ambient Inc. website)

HellHound

We try to have at least one class that is "essentially" for each specific core class per book, and the other half of the classes are usually "uniques", classes that could be qualified for by special feat chains, or by just about anyone who would want the style of class in question.

We like "themed" prestige classes, not just collections of powers. Somewhat world-specific is ok, epsecially if it can be easily modified for other game worlds (ie: a sidebar on how to adapt the class to slightly different roles).

Also, we have permission to include SOME content for Oathbound and Bluffside in this volume, as we have one prestige class for each game setting already in the book.

HellHound

Sheridan - I am honestly not sure right now, I'm having problems logging into the domain maintenance systems for dreadgazebo so I can't check to be sure the contest@ address is working.

HellHound

I checked, and submissions sent to contest@dreadgazebo.com DID come through. We will be sending out confirmation emails to all entrants in the next day or two. If you don't get a confirmation email, we probbly did not receive the entry.

HellHound

Just over two weeks left until the deadline, and I'm glad to say we've already received just shy of 100 submissions for the contest to date. Looks like there is going to be some HARD choices to be made between great entries.

Sheridan

First Post
Results?

*Bump*
Have the results of the contest been determined yet? If they're posted somewhere I missed, somebody let me know!
*Sheridan

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
sorry, not yet...

We've been busting our bits putting together Son of a Portable Hole and working on ... well, something else.
We look forward to posting results VERY soon, and contacting individual winners by email as well.

Remove ads