• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone Else Going to Burning Man?

the Jester

Legend
I always post one of these threads every year, so far to no avail, but it's worth a try...

So: Any other ENWorlders going to Burning Man this year?

If you don't know, Burning Man is a very strange week-long... thing. Festival. It's got tons of bizarre art, weird costumes, craziness of all sorts. It's a blast, and I go every year (well, I skipped one since I started, but we're talking like... 17 or 18 years now?). It takes place in Black Rock City, Nevada, which only exists for the duration of the event, but is a city of over 50,000 people (this year's population cap is 68,000).

Anyway, if anyone else is going, I'd love to meet up! I'm at PRED Camp/Cult of the Wheel at 7 & C. Our camp is actually a registered theme camp this year, and we're going to have some awesome church-style frontage for our camp. Heck yeah!

church frontage.jpg

(Niether dude in the pic is me, for the record.)

EDIT: And for the record, that's still in progress.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Never saw the appeal myself, but I have a tenant that goes regularly--big burly bald guy with a huge white beard in a kilt--that probably only describes about 2% of the attendees.

Nytmare

David Jose
--big burly bald guy with a huge white beard in a kilt--that probably only describes about 2% of the attendees.

I think you'd be surprised.

I haven't been to Burning Man in almost 20 years; but bald, burly, beards, and kilts are each, easily 10-20% of the population on their own.

Have the corporate sponsors moved in yet? Does Pepsi have it's own camp?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I think you'd be surprised.

I haven't been to Burning Man in almost 20 years; but bald, burly, beards, and kilts are each, easily 10-20% of the population on their own.
I can well believe that, but I try to avoid generalizations of events I haven't been to. Bad enough the comments I make based on may actual experience (however anecdotal compared to the statistical total).

Remove ads