• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Arcanum Syndicate] dark fantasy RPG coming in September... Demon Gate

AzgrymnThePale

First Post
1988764.jpg
Some of the lore for the book is below, those interested in more information please check out Fans of horror and fantasy i hope you will be interested in what is in store. Good gaming all.

Book of the Dark Tao

“The darkness of this world cannot be broken by the fires of the twin suns Solys and Soth. Neither the Twelve Fates nor the Gods of Light will be able to break the paradigm to save what is left of the reign of mortals. It is written in the Books of the Tao, chiseled into the Tablets of Fate, and etched into the minds of all of the prophets who walk upon the surface of Koth that one day the Demon Gate will bring about the doom of our world. Everything ends and everything begins, so it is said and so it is written. So shall the cycle continue to evolve and then perhaps a time will arise where there is no more war.”
-Rynthro of Candle Street in Northwater

Some claim that this realm we live in now is Hell; the old world died during the Age of Falling and the Demon Gate is a passage to the Black Plane where those vile monsters that inflict and revel in suffering reside. Many believe that they are changing our world, merging realms into one by crushing all who oppose. Flying the Narcadian flag the Stygian army is completing the Trials of Belial, Baal the Deceiver; he whom tricked us into believing that he was the one true God of creation. He now consumes the realm with the Vatagi under his wing, cambion warriors that are powerful half demons; they breathe hatred and lies to all mortals and promise salvation for their servitude. We are doomed, we dwell in a life of shadow where it feels hopeless and mortals live wicked lives. Are we to be punished by the sins of every mortal? Shall my children suffer the same fate as the thief, the rapist, the murderer? Where are the true Gods of Dawn and where are their armies to defend us? Perhaps this is Hell and the Veil is the first sign that it is happening? Where are our he

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
I went to the website and it really didnt help me understand much more about this game other than you play a character that kills a plentiful amount of demons.
Could you say something about what kind of system it uses? Compare/contrast it to other games?
Also, you probably need an editor to help you stray away from the long winded multiple idea sentences.

RoguesPanda

First Post
Thanks for adding the new stuff! I have played this game and it kicks ass. It is certainly not for those who whine about dying. You are definitely scared for your character's life in combat as it should be. You can build your character how you want it, lots of customization too which is really cool. On the website at the top there are links to the other pages you can find out about the game and their other products. The last page i think is where people can sign up to play on Roll20. I don't know how long you guys are doing that for though?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads