Are you a Christmas Orphan? [recruiting]

QuaziquestGM

First Post
I attended an "Orphans' Thanksgiving' once. It was for people who wouldn't/couldn't go "home" for the holiday. They were mostly strangers for me, but it was nice to have somewhere to go.

Another time, when I was living on campus, we decided to cancel the usual club schedule of dnd games during Spring break as many members were heading out of town for the week, or planning to catch up on assignments. Of course, on the second day I got the call. "Can you come DM for us? We're bored....".

And I'm sure many of us have characters that we were running and having fun with, when the game just ended suddenly....

So.............

I'm offering to run a play-by-post for orphans, both of the player and character type.

If you have no one to play with, or/and you have an old character that you want to use, reply and we will set up a game.

System: Based on Dnd 3.5, but open to existing characters from any d20, 3d6, or d100 system and Tunnels & Trolls. Rolemaster, CoC, Warhammer Fantasy, Palladium, Lamentations of the Flame Princess, Dungeon Crawl Classics, ect. I can fudge the rules or convert on the fly well enough to make these compatible enough for our purposes. If you are really desperiate and have a Savage Worlds or Gurps character I can work with you.

Setting: Generic Fantasy, No guns. I play fast and loose with pantheons, so I can probably work your cleric in.
If you are desperate to play your Sci-fi/modern/western/Gamma character I can work with you, but you will need to re-equip after your "pod crashes". The initial scenario will be light hearted.

Theme/alignment: Heroic. Good or Neutral, but remember you are heroes. At the very least, even if you are CN, you still try to save the kid from the monster, BECAUSE it is FUN, and the kid surviving is how you keep score.

Level: player orphans (people who just want to play) : 5, generate using Pathguy's 3.5 site, and use either "Standard roll" or "Point buy". Equip mundane gear as desired but don't overdo it. You may have 2 magic items and 1 "special material" item. (yes, that 1 silver arrow still counts as 1)

If you don't know dnd/pathfinder, but have another ruleset that you do know and have the player's book, contact me and I'll work with you.

Orphan characters: 1-8. (novice or hero) What ever equipment the character was carrying when last used, but I may take some items out of play. Your pirate may keep the cutlass, but the pistol will be 'lost'.

Posting frequency: Daily or Every other day. I'm in Jakarta (East Coast USA + 12 hours) and keep odd hours. In most cases we will use "Whoever posts first" to determine initiate to keep the game flowing.

Number of players: 4-10, but if response is high I'll run multiple games.

Starting: After 4 players submit characters.

Recruiting method: Post below and I'll pm my email address to you. I don't want my enworld message box overloaded. (ok, if you are shy you can pm me...)

So: Don't be lonely. Come on in.

Last edited:

Remove ads