• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you comfortable being seen naked?

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I have no real problem with it. Why anyone does is the mystery, IMO. We're born naked - it's our default state. It's truly sad that so many people are this uncomfortable in, quite literally, their own skin. Seems some peeps need a self-esteem injection. Anyhoo, I'm not some Channing Tatum (Tatum Channing? I never remember) and I don't care so why should anyone else? Americans - which I am as well - are way, way too hung up on body image. Let it go, it's not that big a deal.

As for the sex stuff, well, I've been walked in on a couple of times, been watched by a mailman, have played in public areas more than once (the park was always a favorite location when I still lived at home) and did the group thing once, too. Life is a lot more interesting when you're not so hung up on yourself. ;)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I don't mind wandering around the house shirtless and stuff, but I'm not really comfortable being naked. It took me a little while before I was comfortable being naked around the house even in front of my own wife let alone someone else. It's weird; I don't really care what other people thing, but I just dislike my body so much that I barely want to see it, let alone make other people suffer by seeing it.

I'm getting better at that, but then again I've also lost a fair amount of weight and I'm now working on trying to lose a little more while trying to put on some muscle. So soon hopefully I'll be more comfortable with my body and less mindful of being naked in front of people.

As for seeing other people, I used to hate seeing anyone naked except for attractive women. Unattractive women are icky. Unattractive men even more icky. Attractive men are less icky, but still icky and makes me a little jealous of their physique. Now, the only person I enjoy seeing naked is my wife. I'm such a sucker, I know, but I love her and for some reason that changed me. :)

Remove ads