Attending the Opera

Sienna_Rose

First Post
This isn't to tell anyone how to RP. It's just to answer questions I've answered before. I figured it might be helpful, since we actually posted the show and show times this time around.

I have been asked before if we have a site for people to go to in order to actually watch the show. We do, but we don't. No, there's no actual full performance or script. It would be nice if we had the time or resources to do that, but, we don't. We do have a site where you can read a summary of the show, see the performance times and see all sorts of stuff going on "behind the scenes" as it were.

Generally, what people do when their character is "attending" the opera, is this: Pick a day
(http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=189667). Don't have the char in the Roads during the time of the show (of course, if the char is at the opera, he or she isn't at the Roads, unless he or she can be in two places). A fun thing that has been done is changing up the dessy for the character entering the Roads after the show, to be in opera attending finery.

To see if anything happens at the Opera house while your character is in attendance, visit the Twelfth Cat forum (http://forums.delphiforums.com/12thcat/start). Relavent posts would be under Perfomances and Rehearsals. Of course, you're welcome to read everything. You can read while logged in as Guest, or create an account - we're always happy to welcome newcomers, whether as cast or crew, or as friends of cast or crew.

Just in case you want your char to be talking about the show. . . _Tears of Winter_ is an adaptation of Les Mis, but, names have been changed. So, if you want to get specific, it might be a good idea to check out the Cat's forum post. If you'd prefer, I can copy that to here, just let me know.

Mortonia

First Post
Question

Sienna,

Since my little addition to the after show festivities were approved by the appropriate parties (namely the guy with the funny name in the back office) how/what do I need to do to go about getting them added to the cat? Just post a thread - or can I email a write up to someone and have it added?

Thanks!

Toni

Sienna_Rose

First Post
However you like. I'd say, post a thread in the Performance & Rehearsal section. If it takes place on opening night, there will be an opening night thread to which you can add. If it's a different night, there may or may not already be a thread.
I've got some ideas for you, but, it'll be easier to just discuss them with you.

Oh! And, for anyone who's interested, there is an email for the Cat (the forum and email are in Dontella's thread about the groups, but, here's the Cat's email, since I posted the forum too. . twelfthcat@hotmail.com).

Remove ads