• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bard Sorcerer multi build/PrC needed

Coredump

Explorer
Okay, two of the (arguably) weaker classes, bard and sorcerer.

Somehow, one of my players has managed to make a 4th level character brd2/sor2. (edit: By 'made', he played it that way from first level.)

I was reading a Mystic Theurge thread and it got me thinking if I could come up with a MT type PrC for him.

Unfortunately, while I can read the Bard, I am not overly familiar with the class. How much does he lose by only getting spellcaster levels?

Anyone have ideas on how to design a PrC taht will combine sorcerer and bard?

Wyrmcrest

First Post
I think it would be interesting to have the the PrC continue the sorcerer's spells per day/spells known progression, but then make all the bard spells available to this progression. It would mean that 1) they would get a big jump start from the slow bard progression for bard spells and 2) from a sorcerer's point of view, a lot of the enchantment type spells come earlier on the bard's spell list.

I think, overall this would be a big advantage over the multiclass, so you'd have to balance it by taking away the progression of some of the bard class features or balance BAB/hit dice more towards sorcerer.

Hope this helps.

Nyaricus

First Post
I agree here - this "Bardic Sorcerer" would be non-combatant. Go with d6 HD, 1/2 BAB, 4+Int skills and counting the PrC's levels towards Bardic Knowledge checks (i can't remeber what other features normally are increased with Bardic-based classes, but BK is one of em)

As for the spells, it's a little much to combined the lists. Remember that Bards get Cure spells - not too many, but that can still be quite the boon. Obviously, if they like enchantments, they'll go with Bards (bonus) spell progression, if they like firepower, then sorcerer. Not sure what else you could give these guys . . . You'd have to re-focus the spell list a little bit, getting rid of the more obviously roguish elements. Other than that, nice idea, i think I'll allot this PrC into my FRCS - we now have an old friend of mine joining the party and he has a Gnomish Bard 1. Oh what fun!!! :devil smiley:

later

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads