• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Campaign Settings to Lift From?

zztong

Explorer
I've mentioned before on here that I am running 4 campaigns. I'm trying to cut down my workload for obvious reasons. I have started creating a setting (being used across all 4 campaigns) and I have a good deal of the meta plot, nation, and factions. What I have trouble with is the population of adventure sites, towns, etc.

Are there any good resources for this, even if I split apart existing campaign settings?

I can't use the Forgotten Realms because some of my players have read them so extensively and can't separate player/character knowledge.

Could you tell us a little bit about your custom setting? For instance, I might recommend Greyhawk and Golarion for pop-fantasy schlock, or historical references for something more realistic. Parts of Forgotten Realms can be used for low-magic even though the fiction for the setting can waste a lot of time on high level character antics and the affairs of the gods.

For instance, I like to use the "Medieval Demographics Made Easy" work by S. John Ross. You can find that work translated into various websites like this...

https://www.rpglibrary.org/utils/meddemog/

Remove ads