• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Binder - Rapid Pact Making [Debait/Fixing the feat]

Ragmon

Explorer
Hello everyone.

Rapid Pact Making

I know, this topic pops up very often, but even then the topics never really got past two final acknowledgements.

1. Yea you make the pact in 1 full-round action, with 2 different mechanisms:
a) You need to meet all the special requirements, even the seal drawing requirements, as in material components for the casters.
b) Completely ignore the special requirements, except the vestige combination restrictions.

2. You still need to draw the seal, call the vestige and then bind it in 1 full-round (3 rounds in total).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is how I imagine it:
Now, I myself like option 1.a., makes the most sense.
I sort of imagine this kind of binding like when in the anime called Full Metal Alchemist, Ed touches the ground and the Alchemical Seal is instantly drawn. During this, he calls out to the vestige.
And then the vestige pops up, like in another anime, called Shaman King. Or something along those lines.

I will bring up this idea to my DM next time, since we (the group) agreed that if you just bind in 1 round than all of the well written full if gone while you can only bind one vestige.

Yes I know I can use 'Seal of the Spirit' that instant draws the seal...that would be 3-4 round to make the pact.

Now what are your thoughts on the subject? Maybe you already have a house rule you use or maybe did something completely unexpected with this feat or mechanism.
Or maybe there is some official fix for it.

Remove ads