• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Black Panther Conversions and Tributes

Samloyal23

Adventurer
To honour the late Chadwick Boseman let's collect any Black Panther related RPG material out on the internet here. Do you have stats for T'Challa or other characters from Wakanda? Post them here. Any edition, any game. Don't forget Wakandan tech either, post your conversions for their ships, weapons, and other equipment, too. If you know a website with related content, post a link.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
From my current campaign:

Vibranium Javelin
Very Rare
+2 to attack rolls, 3d6 magical piercing damage + your Strength modifier on a hit.

As an action, you can project a focused burst of energy from the spear tip out to a range of 60 feet. Make a ranged weapon attack. On a hit, you deal 5d8 force or thunder damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Finally, this weapon cannot be broken, damaged, severed, or distorted by anything except a legendary magic item or artifact, or a spell of 7th level or higher.

Northern Phoenix

Adventurer
You can emulate the powers of Black Panther pretty well with the Monk class in 5e (Open Hand, even). But to truly do the character justice (and more importantly, make it "feel" like Black Panther, i think adding a couple of appropriate magic Items is necessary to complete the picture.

Personally i'd do
"Heart Shaped Herb" - Permanently sets Strength/Dex/Con to 20/22/24 depending on what's most appropriate
"Black Panther Suit" - +1/2/3 Monk Armor (think bracers of Defence), enables +1/2/3 slashing for unarmed attacks, can cast Absorb Elements at will, but all damage types. A stronger version could also have a limited version of upcast "Absorb "Elements" casts. Can be summoned and unsummoned. Could also have other spells if you want to get very fancy (Jump, Longstrider, Spider Climb, etc).

Iry

Hero
We're going to need a bigger boat.

rtd7cqwwfpdedw55vpzj.png

Remove ads