• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blatant Self-Promotion of Story Hours?

How do you feel about players posting/bumping their own DM's story hour?

• It annoys the heck out of me.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I find it mildly annoying, and mildly amusing.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I couldn't care less, either way.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I suppose it's OK - I'll read what I like, regardless of who bumps it.

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • I like when players bump their own story hour.

Votes: 11 18.3%

Shemeska

Adventurer
Vain Yugoloth... who would have guessed? >:)

I may be a feedback whore in some ways, however I've never complained when I didn't get any feedback between storyhour updates. That has been fairly few and far between lately, makes me smile. *glee*

However aside from the feedback I'm writing it also because I simply like the story that's been developing in that campaign over the past two years and this now gives me the opportunity to fill in material that happened behind the scenes away from the PCs. And, as one one of my players mentioned to me last night, they 'finally get to see what all the hell Clueless was up to' half the time away from the rest of the party. So it's giving a story to read to most of my players as well, not just people curious about the campaign.

That and it gives me a chance to get better at writing, which I'd like to do. Even if I don't have any illusions about ever getting paid to do this, I enjoy it nonetheless and it's fun.

However, I'll admit that the other storyhours that I pay attention to, either every week or just periodically, I'm horrific about actually posting on rather than just lurking and enjoying. I'm also more likely to be reading a storyhour based on the setting or if I've met you irl before. *cough*Rel*cough* ;)

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Shemeska said:
However, I'll admit that the other storyhours that I pay attention to, either every week or just periodically, I'm horrific about actually posting on rather than just lurking and enjoying. I'm also more likely to be reading a storyhour based on the setting or if I've met you irl before. *cough*Rel*cough* ;)

So YOU'RE the reason that my "views" count has been going up nearly 100 a day for the last week when I was updating one or more times a day! Well that answers that! Now quit reading this and go over there and bump my story hour without adding any useful comments or questions! ;)

Remove ads