• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BSG renewed for 4th season

Steel_Wind

Legend
Very good news indeed.

The other news was... in terms of plot - one existing character is going to be revealed as a Cylon before the end of the season, while another *may* be killed off.

My predictions:

#11 Lt. Felix Gaeta: WELCOME to the Final Five...

#12 Lt. Anastasia Dualla:
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound...

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
I really liked the beginning of BSG and I loved the story arch of Admiral Caine, but I got to be honest and say that I am not enjoying this 3rd season that much. It seems to me, and this is just me, that it feels quagmired in all the melodrama taking place between the various characters.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Rl'Halsinor said:
I really liked the beginning of BSG and I loved the story arch of Admiral Caine, but I got to be honest and say that I am not enjoying this 3rd season that much. It seems to me, and this is just me, that it feels quagmired in all the melodrama taking place between the various characters.

I've been a fan and I loved the New Caprica Resistance arc.

The one exception to my general satisfaction has been the Apollo/Starbuck star-crossed lovers arc. That was a bloody mistake.

I'm not a big fan of the piano music on the Cylon ships either...

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
I loved the show until just after they left New Caprica.

Since then it has changed into something I wouldn't have watched had the show not had the first 2 years of enjoyable episodes.

If they do another season, any writers they hired for this season need to be canned.
I know I'm watching a soap opera in space, but I feel like they're taking their base fans for granted.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
But they are only getting 13 new episodes. This season it is something like 18. Last season was something like 20. First season was a bit odd, what with the mini-series counted as part of it and total of 13 episodes. The number of episodes are going down.

Wormwood

Adventurer
The Grumpy Celt said:
But they are only getting 13 new episodes.

This is my favorite television show, but I'm forced to admit that this season has been a little sloppy and unfocused.

13 episodes is plenty of time to tie up loose ends, tighten up the pace, and arrive at a satisfying ending---which is *precisely* what they need to do for their fourth (and hopefully final) season.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The Grumpy Celt said:
But they are only getting 13 new episodes. This season it is something like 18. Last season was something like 20. First season was a bit odd, what with the mini-series counted as part of it and total of 13 episodes. The number of episodes are going down.

Not really. They renew in batches. The first batch is usually 13, phrased as "minimum of 13 hours". The you get add-ons depending on how the season is going to be shown, either as split into two sections or as one long section. Usually the add-on is around 6 episodes. Even "Heroes" had an original 13-episode order, before NBC picked up the option for a full season, and later a second season

Last edited:

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Mistwell said:
The first batch is usually 13, phrased as "minimum of 13 hours."

Hrm. Well, let's hope they get another six or sever episodes tossed in before the season is out. Even given the occasional lows, it is still a solid show and worth following and I want more, more, more!

I also hope the show does not wrap up until the end of the fifth season.

Remove ads