• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CAG] Tyrm

Kultar

First Post
Name: Tyrm
Sex: Male
Eyes: Gold
Hair: Silver
Skin: Bronze
Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 180

Physcial Description: Standing just a shade over six foot tall Tyrm usually stands a half to a full head above the common human. Though if this is because he is not human or because magic has altered his human form it is hard to tell. The only variances that make him look distinctly nonhuman are his golden eyes and silver hair. It is almost as though there is some other worldly look about him. Generally seen wearing white or yellow robes Tyrm never wears armor though he does carry a morningstar at his side. Despite his tall and lanky look Tyrm seems to be able to wield the morningstar somewhat efficiently, or at least enough to not hurt himself most of the time.

Background:

I left my village several years ago because of the terrible things that happened. You ask what could be so terrible as to make a person venture out and leave their hometown forever? Well I shall tell you.

It had been just another summer day the people of my village and myself. Chores to be done, fences to be mended, and crops to be tended, this was slightly complicated by the heat wave that had burned unrelenting since early spring. While most people grumbled about the heat and the suns harsh rays I reveled in them and enjoyed basking in the suns glory in open meadows. It was during one of these periods of being away from the town that I felt a pang of fear in his heart and decided to return home early. As I neared the town I began to smell smoke and hear the sounds of battle. Surely the peaceful people of my villiage could not be under attack. While I lived near the edge of the Kingdoms boarders someone would have warned us if an army had approached. Despite this self assurance my pace quickened and I stayed to the bushes instead of following the path. As I approached the northern portion of the town and his mothers temple I noticed that the temple was on fire and a band of walking dogs was assaulting the priests and clerics. While being a peace loving people, living in the forest had taught my people to be able to defend themselves and their numbers seemed to be the thing that would turn the tide of the battle at the temple.

After the beasts attacking the temple had been slain I ventured out of the bushes to find my mother. I found her near the front door with a wounded arm being bandaged by one of the clerics. Seeing me approach my mother ran over and lovingly embraced me and began to say how worried she was about where I had been and that I had been hurt or killed. I was also glad to see my mother but I was concerned about her injury. While looking at the wound I gave up a prayer to Belmay that my mother would be healed and would live. While only a minor wound my mother hugged him and thanked me for my prayer. As my mother was talking to me the sounds of battle floated through the still air of the afternoon from the direction of the town a short distance away. The group at the temple gathered weapons and armor and headed towards the town. I however was told by my mother to say at the temple where I would be safe. Once again feeling the pit in my stomach I argued with my mother but in the end headed her and stayed put. After several minutes had passed I decided that I would follow after anyway and set off along the path to the town.

As I neared the town I could see several figures fighting around the brewery and forge near the stream. Among them where my mother, father, best friend Kled and Kled’s brothers. Kled’s father lay in a pool of blood behind the others. Struck with fear I stood and watched as one by one the combatants were felled by the vial beasts. When Kled was struck and fell I screamed in such a manner that the ground its self seemed to quiver in fear. Hearing the scream my mother was distracted just long enough for one of the beasts to cut her down in a brutal manner. I felt nothing but hate and malice for the beasts and gave such a yell that even the foul creatures seemed to freeze their movements and recoil in fear. With all my heart and soul I wished that the creatures would be consumed by a fire that was like that of the sun. My drawn out scream of anguish reverberated off the trees as if they were hollow and the air around the demons shimmered like the heat coming off of a rock. Suddenly as if performed by the gods themselves the air burst into flame and the creatures were set alight and died nearly instantly as the fires of my hate consumed them.

Awestruck by this my father stood stunned by the events that had just transpired. Only to turn on me moments later and blame me for not arriving earlier to save the others. Due to shock I ignored my father Tyrm rushed to my mother’s side and prayed with my entire soul that she be alright even though the last of her lifeblood was flowing from her body. Amazingly my mother seemed to cling to life though just barely. My father shoved me out of the way and picked up his wife and ran her to temple and begged the priests to heal her. Prayers were said over my mother and slowly she began to come to after the grace of Belmay restored life to her seemingly empty body. Slowly opening her eyes my mother reached up raggedly and gently stroked my cheek with her blood encrusted hand and lapsed back into unconscious. Instantly blaming Tyrm my father backhanded me and told me to get away as I was nothing but bad luck and dangerous.

I was shocked to hear my father blame this on me stood in silence as my mother was carried back towards my home. Still in shock over my mothers condition and my fathers harsh words I collapsed on the soft ground and wept. After crying for several minutes I ran off into the forest to be alone despite the clergies attempt to keep me where it was safe. Later that afternoon I returned home to see if my mother had gotten better but when I arrived the door was locked and so I knocked. After a few seconds my father opened the door and, seeing me, yelled and blamed me for my mothers death. The clerics had healed her and I turned around and killed her with just a touch. My farther said he would not be responsible for a plague such as I and told to to leave and never return.

I blame myself for not being able to save Kled and for my mother’s death.

For these reasons I hate the dogs that killed my friend and mother. I have since come to learn that they are called Gnolls. That is why I charged after them that night. The rage boiled over and all I wanted to do was slaughter them like they slaughtered my mother.

Last edited:

Kultar

First Post
Current Goals:

*Bring the light of Belmay to those who are in need.

*Meet Belmay without passing on.

*Avenge my mothers death and find a way to bring her back.

*Protect others from what happened to me.

*Learn about Merianthian culture and their Blood Magic.

*Learn about the workings of Dolas blimp engine.

*Get the dragon healed up.

*See if the dragon can help us with the Borgash situation.

*Investigate the Train and see how it moves.

*Figure out what the vision of darkness means and how to stop it from happening.

*Construct temples and shrines for belmay to spread her blessings across the globe.

Completed Goals:

*Assess the gnoll threat and kill many while investigating. All if possible.

*Retrieve the Barrons sons body.

*Retrieve the relic for the new guy Deigh as a way to pay him back for saving our lives.

Last edited:

Remove ads