• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Invitation

So I have recieved a campaign invitiation but when I go to the notifications page for it I don't see any way to accept it, to deny it, or to just make the message GO AWAY.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found out how - but I have to say it's obnoxiously unintuitive to click through to the group and accept or decline there.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
"Obnoxious" may be a bit strong a word for the circumstances, but yeah - I agree some interface elements aren't as smooth as others. Unfortunately, we don't write the software; we just use it. In some areas we've managed to alter how the software works, but generally speaking that's a far from trivial job (unless we're lucky enough to find a pre-written modification somewhere).

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Maybe there is a way to "highlight" the "Join" and "Decline" options like how the "D&D 5E Info" text is highlighted?

fanboy2000

Adventurer
"Obnoxious" may be a bit strong a word for the circumstances,
I disagree, having just gone through the same thing. I'm rather warming up to "obnoxious". But you're probably not OCD about clearing your notifications.

but yeah - I agree some interface elements aren't as smooth as others. Unfortunately, we don't write the software; we just use it.
It's good software, so there's that. It's not like my beloved FreeBSD is without flaws.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Maybe there is a way to "highlight" the "Join" and "Decline" options like how the "D&D 5E Info" text is highlighted?

The problem isn't that the 'Join' and 'Decline' options aren't clear. The problem lies in following your notification: it takes you to an intermediary page where one (such as myself and the others in this thread) logically assumes you would be able to accept or decline the invitation. You can't. You have to enter the campaign that issued the invitation to get to those options.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
The problem isn't that the 'Join' and 'Decline' options aren't clear. The problem lies in following your notification: it takes you to an intermediary page where one (such as myself and the others in this thread) logically assumes you would be able to accept or decline the invitation. You can't. You have to enter the campaign that issued the invitation to get to those options.

Agreed. There's that extra page that just shows the invitation(s) without the ability to accept or decline right there, requiring clicking on the group name and following to the group page before actually being allowed to accept or decline. I think that tends to waste people's time as they expect to find the options right away and spend time looking around before ever trying to click through further, perhaps becoming frustrated and giving up, potentially assuming there is something awry with the interface.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Honestly, really not much we can do about it. We could hire someone to rewrite it, but the budget just isn't there right now. I'm afraid we'll have to settle for the non-ideal solution for the time being.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Honestly, really not much we can do about it. We could hire someone to rewrite it, but the budget just isn't there right now. I'm afraid we'll have to settle for the non-ideal solution for the time being.

I didn't think there was much could be done. Maybe dropping a post about it in their support forums next time you're there for some other glitch or what have you. Maybe they'll put adding some accept and decline buttons on the first page in one of their updates at some point. I wonder if there is a way to drop some explanatory text in the invite that goes out?

Something to the effect of -

"Check out the list of folks that have invited you to their group (might be just one for now), then click through to each group to accept or decline the invitation."

fanboy2000

Adventurer
Eh, the thing about any UI is that once you know how to do it, it usually isn't a problem. (Subject to exceptions.)

The real problem was finding out how to do it in the first place.

You know, now that I think about it, where is the help section for this place?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads