Cannot Post New Thread...

Flyer777

Explorer
Hi, I have been trying to post a new thread regarding my experiences with the Zeitgiest campaign and have been getting the strangest error

[h=2]Errors[/h][h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  • You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

However my post is plain text and I have been a member here for years. I am just kinda flumuxed. Any suggestions?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There's nothing I can see on your account that would do this.

My usual first line of advice is, "Log out of EN World, clear cache and cookies, log back in". If that doesn't work... what browser are you working with, on what OS?

Flyer777

Explorer
Found Cause...

So I woke up and went back to the process and discovered the reason for the error.
I was writing a chronological listing of events and the first one started like this:

"At Symbol" 9:30 the portal to Apet Opens

the system seemed to set this off as some sort of link that I am not allowed to post.
not sure why... but there you have it.

BTW I am using a Windows 7 Machine with Chrome Browser

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So I woke up and went back to the process and discovered the reason for the error.
I was writing a chronological listing of events and the first one started like this:

"At Symbol" 9:30 the portal to Apet Opens

the system seemed to set this off as some sort of link that I am not allowed to post.
not sure why... but there you have it.

Ah, yes. The form [MENTION=37667]Flyer777[/MENTION] is what's known as a "mention" - it fires off a message to the person whose name follows the symbol. I think that, along with links, are restricted until a user has a few posts under their belt, as an anti-spamming measure.

Remove ads