• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can't stay logged in

Sammael

Adventurer
Hello. I recently switched browsers from Opera to Mozilla Firefox 1.0 preview release. Since Firefox imported all settings, including cookies from Opera, I had no problems in the beginning. However, after I decided to change my password, I can't seem to stay logged in. Every time I try to post something, even in the same session, I have to type in my username and password, even though I selected "stay logged in" or however the persistent login option is called. Any ideas? Is this Firefox wierdness, or is it on the server side?

Last edited:

First, make sure that you're not using the old enworld.cyberstreet.com address. Some old threads still have links that point there, and if you log in there, it doesn't stick. You want to make sure you're at www.enworld.org/forums

Barring that, I can't help you. I don't know anything but IE and Netscape.

CapnZapp

Legend
I'm using Firefox right now, so no problems there.

As with problems on ezboards, deleting the cookie is always a good thing to do. A corrupt cookie (or updated server software) is almost always the cause for any "staying alive" problems I have had (although almost never here at enworld).

(If you're unsure what "deleting the cookie" means, please ask again).

Sammael

Adventurer
Alrighty, I deleted all ENWorld cookies (including the very disturbingly named POSTNUKE one). We'll see how it works.

Staffan

Legend
Sammael said:
Alrighty, I deleted all ENWorld cookies (including the very disturbingly named POSTNUKE one). We'll see how it works.
Postnuke, AFAIK, is the system that drives the news page. Or rather, drove - as I understand it, our favorite Bard Without a Fork made it use VBulletin or something recently.

BSF

Explorer
Very odd. I recently moved to Firefox as well and I have been thrilled with it. I haven't had any problems with the site, but I did purge my cookies before converting. I just had to logon and get new cookies going.

Michael Morris

First Post
Staffan said:
Postnuke, AFAIK, is the system that drives the news page. Or rather, drove - as I understand it, our favorite Bard Without a Fork made it use VBulletin or something recently.

PostNuke is a content management system that we've replaced with vbadvanced CMPS which runs within vbulletin - however Postnuke still controlls the ads for the moment. After the next series of upgrades Postnuke will be gone entirely. It is a sloppily written and fairly unstable program, especially when compared to vbulletin.

Remove ads