• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Capturing my character

Bacon n eggs

Villager
This is less a discussion, more a question. Sorry for the length...

Background: One of my PCs is a fighter, bound to guard the future queen of a land, she is a support NPC. Me and my player have talked about where he wants his character to go and we have agreed that there will be a cost: his sight. He knows nothing else on the subject. This has been months ago and my next session is when I plan for it to happen.

Situation: the final fight of this next session will consist of my PCs: a wizard, rouge, paladin, a hunter, and the fighter vs. My BB henchman, 5 shadar Kai. Knowing that my players are stacked with magical items and kind of OP (first campaign, learned my lesson) I set the entire stage against them. They will be fighting the shadarkai in total darkness save a group of bioluminecent plants (think avatar) which turn into flesh eating plants if daylight is used, which they will. They have to kill the plants to use light in order to take down the shadarkai.

The problem: this fight should be roughly 6 -8 rounds maybe a bit more. The battle will end when they can kill 1-2 of the shadarkai, the others will retreat into a number of archways that lead to the shadowfell which the PCs can not follow. In the time it takes to end this fight I have to forcefully take 2 of PCs, the fighter and another, mid battle and kidnap them into the shadowfell. How can I do this? Any ideas? Both PCs have 20 strength.

Remove ads