Colony TV series (in real life).

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvyDragons

Explorer
In a May 21, 2015, interview with Collider, executive producer Carlton Cuse stated that the show was "conceived as a metaphor for France during the Nazi occupation".

Well I have one better for you Carlton. Right now half of the city of Shanghai is in lockdown due to Covid. Its been a long time, people are hungry and trapped in their apartment buildings.
There is a video I saw from Weibo that shows people opening their windows at night to get fresh air and a little taste of the outside.
A drone comes out of the darkness, blaring a speaker

"Please follow the government policies and control your souls desire for freedom".

My wife is from mainland china, so I hear the stories before the new york times publishes them :)

Similarly there is a video of a woman trying to leave the apartment and is crossing a bridge. A drone hovers overhead and within a minute a van speeds in and two men jump out in white hazmat suits to order her back home.

Other stories, a plastic surgeon was interrupted mid surgery when the lockdown occurred, his patient had to go home and was not able to leave the fenced off area. He tried to direct her how to complete the surgery with a scalpel, she refused and he had to sneak at night, over to the fence and finish it through the gap.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Other stories, a plastic surgeon was interrupted mid surgery when the lockdown occurred, his patient had to go home and was not able to leave the fenced off area. He tried to direct her how to complete the surgery with a scalpel, she refused and he had to sneak at night, over to the fence and finish it through the gap.

That report is not accurately stated. No, the surgeon was not "interrupted mid-surgery".

The surgery had been completed, and the patient had gone home to heal, as normal. A week later, when it came time for her sutures to be removed, her residential complex was on lockdown. They had to do suture removal at the gate of the complex.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I cannot confirm nor deny, something may be lost in translation, but the story beats sound the same... thanks for splitting hairs though.

With respect, the difference between, "interrupted mid-surgery," and "the patient went home from surgery as normal, and a week later couldn't visit her doctor," is not splitting hairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads