Crisis Averted: I Am No Longer In Danger Of Having To Quit My Games

Kaodi

Hero
My New Year's present was to have my computer go haywire and possibly die. I had been putting off backing up my data because I thought there would be more warning if my computer was going to go kaput. If I end up losing all of my data from the last two and a half to three years, which included all of my 4th year of University, I do not think I am going to be inclined to continue on with any of my current activities. I may quit D&D altogether, like I quit video games almost close to two years ago. I find this sort of thing, losing my "records" to be rather traumatic. And if I lose those, I think there is a lot of other things I have been hanging onto that I will be getting rid of. There are other things related to this extreme reaction, like how I have been generally running my life into the ground, but it is what it is. I just thought I should give you fair warning of what may be coming to a head in the next week or two.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
I hope you don't lose it, but if you would use the time for more productive pursuits to turn your life around then do that. Good luck!

Kaodi

Hero
Update: After a brutally long session of Startup Repair, my computer appears to be working again. How long it is for this world, who knows? It did however last long enough at least for me to backup most of the files I wanted. And with that, I do not feel the sort of despair that would have caused me to abandon my "non-productive" hobbies. I am sorry if I worried any of my DMs or fellow players, but it was that kind of moment.

Remove ads