Custom Terrains

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum, and had a question. I am an illustrator/artist, and I love D&D/Pathfinder, you name it.

I am going to be creating custom terrains, this is my first build and I'm creating. This will be a castle/cathedral build (what isn't shown is that I have a fully carved cave and terrain under the castle). Once finished it will contain character set pieces and a modular storyline.

Would this be something anyone is interested in purchasing?

I am trying to gather interest to see if it is a worthwhile project to put forth for sale, or to keep myself.

Thanks for the input!

Attachments

• 1543905927037464338-account_id=1.jpg
    1543905927037464338-account_id=1.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 352

I don't think you are going to have much luck Don :(

There are already a few companies that do terrain for the war gaming industries (plus Dwarven Forge and others), so I would start by looking there to see what prices the market will bear. Then you will have to look at your costs, and I think you will find hand made or anything less than molded and relatively high production numbers will be ruled out if you want to make a profit.

Then the next thing to consider is versatility. Your terrains need to be something that can be used time and time again. Or else people won't spend the hundreds of dollars that they will need. So, a fixed geometry terrain, like a cathedral or fixed floorplan cave, probably won't sell much.

I do wish you good luck with the project, and maybe as costs of making such things using additive manufacturing continue to decrease, it would be easier to do profitable...

Remove ads