• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Reviews

JustaPlayer

First Post
Well, maybe if they were kept seperate like someone sugested. The problem is sometimes it isn't clear what's D20 and what's not. For people who this site is the only source of D20 news, that review of Paranioa XP published by a well known D20 company might be a little confusing, even more so on a site that says, "EN World - Morrus' D&D/d20 News & Reviews Site."

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I don't mind non-d20 reviews as long as they are marked as such.

For example, I was glad that the World Book of Khaas (system neutral) was reviewed because I had never heard of Arduin before. It sounds interesting to me.

2WS-Steve

First Post
I don't mind the non-d20 reviews here either. And it's nice to be able to see some of the staff reviewers, since I trust them and already have a feel for their tastes, take a look at other products.

Categorization does sound like a good idea to me. I'd think just two categories, d20 and non-d20, with all books that are d20 logoed, derivative of the d20 system (such as M&M and SAS), or purely generic (like plot hooks books) going into the d20 category. Those kinds of books strike me as things that even someone only interested in d20 stuff will still want to look at. Non-d20 books would only include those books that specifically use some other game system.

One other thing that would be really nice, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to do, is to add keywords to the products listed in the product guide and then have a system for searching by keyword. This would probably work best with a list of pre-designated keywords so that we have some idea what to expect when one pulls up a search for "high level adventures".

Remove ads