• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Spelljammer

Nellisir

Hero
Well, WotC is doing d20 Spelljammer in the next Polyhedron, at least according to Morrrus's scoops right on the frontpage. It might be worth taking a look at in a few months.

I like Blackjaw's analysis of movement systems, and even with d20 Spelljammer & Dragonstar (& Fading Suns, which didn't really publish rules in their first d20 book), it may be worth including our own. Polyhedron won't be available everywhere and forever.

Cheers
Nell.

BlackJaw

First Post
And it's unlikely to be a viable system for not only for combat, but for custom ship building and the like, and I don't know if it will have info on designing settings/etc.

It probably won't have as felexiable a system as I'm thinking about. regardless, our system will be juicier simply because polyheadron is a mini-mag attached to the back of Dungeon. It doesn't have the space for everything... just a barebones system that will be spicific to Spelljammer (a new kind of spelljammer as the scoops point out) and will have much of it taken up with setting related info we won't (or shouldn't) be covering.

Nellisir

Hero
BlackJaw said:
And it's unlikely to be a viable system ...

Looking at this months Dungeon/Polyhedron, I was suprised to realize the d20 Modern sample campaign had -no- (none, zip, zero) OGC. There was actually a little notice "This article has no OGC".

That's really kind of sad. I hope Spelljammer won't work that way, but if that's how WotC decides to spin all the "mini-d20", I'll be very disappointed.

Nell.

Remove ads