• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Darkfuries) Masterwork Maps: Strongholds & Sanctuaries PDF Out Now

Brian K. Moseley

First Post
7004c2.gif

Fully Illustrated Medieval Fortresses with colorful characters, rich background, nasty traps, and adventure plots to challenge heroes and villains of all role-playing campaigns!

From the heights of a mountaintop castle to the sunken depths of an underwater temple, this volume showcases three medieval fantasy strongholds:

Gorthond Keep: “Worship whom you will. Respect those you must. Crush those you can. But know that this is my domain."

Vaugrox Castle: "The highland fortress is a shadow over all it surveys. Something evil and unnatural dwells within those ancient walls, and devours fools who think it doesn’t exist."

Water God's Temple: “The lagoon is a sacred oasis and I am its keeper. The soul's of the ocean's children rest here, and a storm's fury shall unleash upon those who come here with malice in their hearts."

• Aerial and underground maps.
  • Highly detailed grayscale floor plans.
  • Concisely described buildings and areas.
  • d20 System 3.5 building and NPC stats.
  • Military routines, garrison, and patrol information.
  • Extensive background, adventure plots, and encounters.

Available at RPGNow.com.

PDF Preview

All the best,

DrNilesCrane

First Post
Looks good! Quick question: I see it's grayscale only from the preview and the maps are keyed. Are there 1) color version available (I use a digital projector so ink costs aren't an issue) and 2) are there un-keyed "for the players" version of the maps included? Thanks in advance!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Awesome preview! I really love the level of detail in the maps. This is certainly a must buy.

Brian K. Moseley said:
Water God's Temple: “The lagoon is a sacred oasis and I am its keeper. The soul's of the ocean's children rest here, and a storm's fury shall unleash upon those who come here with malice in their hearts."
This sounds so utterly cool. ;) I just love locations nestled in or around bodies of water! :cool:

Brian K. Moseley

First Post
DrNilesCrane said:
Looks good! Quick question: I see it's grayscale only from the preview and the maps are keyed. Are there 1) color version available (I use a digital projector so ink costs aren't an issue) and 2) are there un-keyed "for the players" version of the maps included? Thanks in advance!
Hi,
This contains only grayscale maps. There are companion PDF products with 25mm floor plan maps for two of the strongholds, Gorthond Keep and Vaugrox Castle. The 25mm maps are also done in grayscale, with textures, furnishings, and square/hex grids on individual layers to maximize customization of the printed maps. There are previews for them as well.

Gorthond Keep 25mm Floor Plans

Vaugrox Castle 25mm Floor Plans

Frukathka said:
Awesome preview! I really love the level of detail in the maps. This is certainly a must buy.

This sounds so utterly cool. ;) I just love locations nestled in or around bodies of water! :cool:
Thanks very much! It was fun to draw. I found myself wanting to include a lot more than the sourcebook had room for. There'll be another underwater location coming, and it'll be substantially larger.

All the best,

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Brian K. Moseley said:
Thanks very much! It was fun to draw. I found myself wanting to include a lot more than the sourcebook had room for. There'll be another underwater location coming, and it'll be substantially larger.
Hehe, awesome! :cool:

Remove ads