Divine Feat: Sacred Healing GOOFED?

Scharlata

First Post
Hi!

Why does the Player's Handbook II, p. 89 contain a divine feat named Sacred Healing whith a different function from the one in the Complete Divine, p. 84?

Is this a goof, or was that a conscious choice by the Wizards of the Coast to replace the feat in the Complete Divine?

*scratching the head* :\

Kind regards

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Scharlata said:
Why does the Player's Handbook II, p. 89 contain a divine feat named Sacred Healing whith a different function from the one in the Complete Divine, p. 84?

A conscious choice by the Wizards of the Coast to replace the feat from the Complete Divine. Anything printed in a newer book replaces from an older book.

Silveras

First Post
Scharlata said:
Hi!

Is this a goof, or was that a conscious choice by the Wizards of the Coast to replace the feat in the Complete Divine?

Kind regards

As always, the best way to get a proper answer to that kind of question is to submit the question to WotC Customer Service and/or Sage Advice.

I sent this one to WotC CS over the weekend as a "Possible Errata Item", and got a response this morning. It is an error; the new feat is not meant to replace the old one, and the duplicate naming is a mistake.

WotC Customer Service said:
Response (Zephreum H.) 05/15/2006 09:45 AM
Thank you for contacting us.

Well, there was a mistake in naming the newer of the two feats. The feats are different and can each be taken seperately, they just both have the same name on accident.

Take Care!

Ditch

First Post
I wish they'd make up their minds on Innate Spell. It was changed, then in a 3rd publication of the same feat it was changed back to the original printing.

FR Campaign Setting (needs quicken, unlimited uses)
Player's Guide to Faerun (doesnt need quicken, 3/day uses)
PHB II (needs quicken *again*, unlimited uses)

I'm glad to see that in the case with the Divine feat it's just a naming error. I kinda like the old one. ;)

Silveras

First Post
Ditch said:
I wish they'd make up their minds on Innate Spell. It was changed, then in a 3rd publication of the same feat it was changed back to the original printing.

FR Campaign Setting (needs quicken, unlimited uses)
Player's Guide to Faerun (doesnt need quicken, 3/day uses)
PHB II (needs quicken *again*, unlimited uses)

I'm glad to see that in the case with the Divine feat it's just a naming error. I kinda like the old one. ;)

Innate Spell is not in the PH II. As far as I know, the Player's Guide to Faerun has the latest version .. though since I disallow this feat in my own games, I am not tracking it as closely as I track others.

Scharlata

First Post
Silveras said:
I sent this one to WotC CS over the weekend as a "Possible Errata Item", and got a response this morning. It is an error; the new feat is not meant to replace the old one, and the duplicate naming is a mistake.

Ah, Silveras!
You seem to be hard-wired to CustServ. :D
Good to know that both feats have a right to exist - even if synonymous.
I'll rename the one from the CD "I" and the one from the PHB II "II".
Kind regards and thanx

Zamtap

First Post
Silveras said:
Innate Spell is not in the PH II. As far as I know, the Player's Guide to Faerun has the latest version .. though since I disallow this feat in my own games, I am not tracking it as closely as I track others.

It's in Complete Arcane as back to it's former self

Adoster

First Post
I know I'm 6 years late, but I still play 3.5 and your page has helped me figure that out, thanks. I suggest the one in Complete Divine shoul be called Divine Healing so that you don't mix up both on your character sheet

Remove ads