Dragonball After Z

Caros

First Post
"Yoooooooo!!!!" The announcer's shout drew an incredible roar from the assembled thousands, the sound of the actual crowd nearly drowning out the volume of the backstage TV on which they were displayed. The crowd knew what that shout meant, they knew that the moment the announcer finally appeared was the moment things began to get underway.

"Welcome!!!!" The man was in his thirties, his dirty blond hair combed back, a pair of dark sunglassess matching his dark suit as he threw his arms wide. "To the 99th Tenkaichi Budokai! The Strongest Under Heaven tournament!"

Again the crowd went wild, the blond man soaking up the admiration with a smile, that was only briefly stiffled as her ran a thumb across his mustached face. They would no doubt have gone on forever if he had let them, and eventually he lifted his hands, working the crowd into a frenzy only to try and bring them to a silence.

"Come on folks, we can't get underway until I'm done!" Again they cheered and he barked a quick laugh, wiggling a finger at the crowd as he began to speak over them. "I'm sure you can't wait for things to begin, to find out who carries on the legacy of power of the great Mr. Satan!"

"Say-tan-oh! Say-tan-oh!" They chanted.

"As you know, the tournament is broken down into three phases! The Grand Melee preliminaries meant to separate the week from the strong!" The announcer ticked off phases on upraised fingers as he cheered, his face plastered over every screen in the stadium "These preliminaries will take place on the mobile rings!" With a gesture the ground of the central courtyard shifted, the grass giving way to eight separate slabs of stone that proceeded to shift across it, showing off their ability to make a variety of shapes, culminating as they combined to form the full sized ring that would be used for the final four.

"There are a total of sixteen Grand Melee Preliminary matches, each consisting of an equal number of fighters, and we will be holding these preliminaries in two batches of eight. Warriors will battle one another for a place in the tournament proper. The preliminaries, like the main tournament are no-holds barred. Anyone can enter the preliminaries, and the winner is the warrior who is left standing! A warrior is defeated if he leaves the ring, submits, is knocked unconscious or kills his opponent."

"Once we have our final sixteen, each name will be put into a draw for the single elimination section of the tournament to determine who fights who. After that it will be a series of one on one fights to determine who moves onto the third and final phase."

The roar of the crowd was at a deafening pitch, as the blonde man looked around, milking their attention for everything it is worth. "When there is only one fighter remaining, he will be given the oppertunity to fight the two time tournament Champion, and direct descendant of Mr. Satan himself. Vishma Elazi!"

"And now!" The man said, before the fevered cries could rise to an unmanageable level. "We give you... your contenders!"

[Sblock]Okay folks, at this point just narrate your introduction. Everyone gets their group of preliminary fighters. Though technically you're fighting a whole bunch of people that is more of a reskin as far as the rules are concerned.[/Sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
The short dark-haired man walked out of the back alongside the other fighters headed for Ring A. They were all limbering up, cracking their necks, eyeing each other up. Most of them scoffed at him as he scratched his ribs and stifled a yawn. He stopped at the steps and yawned again, waving the rest of them up first before stumbling up the steps. A small ripple of laughter went through them and part of the crowd that had noticed, but he shrugged and shook his sleeping leg back awake.

He looked around at the others, all wearing training clothes or shirtless, then down at his black button-up shirt and jeans. Maybe he should've dressed a bit more appropriately.. He shrugged and glanced up into the stands, picked her out - it should've been impossible among those thousands, but he could sense her anywhere - and gave a small wave in her direction. He could almost feel her facepalm. Oh well, she knew what he was capable of, these prelims should be all the warm-up he needed before he got into the finals where he might actually find someone worth trying against.

OOC: Teacher (Transformation assist) Ally attached, Realm Elite Gimmick Equipped.

Last edited:

Caros

First Post
"And joining me in my color commentary this year, we have the lucky Erin Chambers!" The man continued to narrate from his small upraised dias near ring side as the contestants slowly funneled in from the back room. His image was displayed front and center on over a dozen big screens that littered the otherwise rustic arena, his voice coming crystal clear to everyone's ears through the miracle of Capsule Corp ultrasonic sound emitters. "Now I understand you are a champion yourself Erin. This years Ms.Universe if I am not mistaken."

"Oh you really are not..." The buxom blonde woman replied with a wink, leaning forward in her seat to catch a good look at the Ring A fighters as they took their places. There were just over two dozen participants to a preliminary block, Wesley joined by a menagerie of other fighters, from burly wrestlers to Karate fighters to one of the new MMA fighters that had become so popular. "Though some of these guys could definitely give my Mr.Universe compatriot a run for his money. Look out ladies, the budokai isn't just for the boys anymore."

Wesley in particular drew her eye and earned a wink the moment the two locked eyes. The guy had some way with women.

"No it certainly isn't!" The announcer replied with stunning enthusiasm. "And it looks like... Yes! The referee has given the signal and Ring A is about to get underway!"

At ringside a small asian man in a black and white striped shirt climbed up onto the edge of the platform, walking a short distance to the center and raising a hand.

"You all know the rules. No fatal blows, stop when your opponents are defeated. HAJIME!" With that he lept back, sliding between the fists of two warriors who were already pummeling one another.

OOC: Goddamnit, couldn't you have posted that a second earlier Jrodefeld? lol

Last edited:

Jrodefeld

First Post
Say-tan-oh! Say-tan-oh! Ace drew in a deep breath as the line ahead of him began to move. This time they'll be chanting for me!

It had been a whirlwind couple of weeks. A month ago he'd been looking forward to watching this year's Budokai, the first one since he'd been a kid, and now here he was, crowded in amongst a horde of burly martial artists waiting for his turn to go out and fight. Two weeks ago he'd been digging in an old man's closet looking for something interesting to watch to help him pass the time, and now he was here.

Yeah, here he was. Dressed up in some old, somewhat smelly orange and blue Gi he had found in the turtle hermit's attic. Rebecca had told him that it made him look stylish, that with his black hair slightly spiked it made him look cool and confident. Made him look like his great, great, great grandfather from those old tapes. Rebecca said a lot of things.

A shiver ran up his spine as he looked around. At just over six feet he wasn't especially short amongst this crowd, but he was slim, looking almost dainty amongst men and even some women who appeared as bricks of muscle. Not that everyone here was even human, Ace was pretty sure he'd seen some kind of freaky alien thing when he was first ushered into the pen.

This really might not have been my best idea. Ace thought nervously as he scanned the crowd around him once more, his gaze growing wide at a nine foot tall monster of a man that stood only a few paces to his right. As the man turned Ace looked quickly downwards, but not before the beast of a man pushed his way through several of the crowd to scowl down at him.

"Pipsqueeks don't belong here. Run along home little boy." The man intoned in a deep voice before flicking Ace in the forehead with his index finger, causing the younger man to flinch back involuntarily.

"Like I'd ever do that. You're not half as scary as Rebecca." Ace cocked a fist, preparing to launch into combat when the double tap of an air-horn announced that Ring B was to enter the arena.

Their animosity was forgotten as the mass of them shuffled forward and assembled in a small mob on the Ring B platform. A brief glance was spared to the other rings as Ace found his place, a small incline of the head given to Wesley as a good luck, the other casually dressed fighter seemingly just as much a fish out of water. He was wrong of course, Wesley wasn't nervous, he was a practiced and talented fighter, unlike Ace.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Wesley nodded his head towards the blonde and winked back as the ref started the match. He bowed deeply to her just as someone did a flying kick right through the air where his head had been, and straightened up with a stretch while someone jumped in the air, crashing their elbow into the ring right in front of him. He finished his stretch, casually strolling over to the edge of the ring, still grinning up at her - such an easy target.
OOC: Invisible castle's down so will roll up my cards when it's back.

Last edited:

Caros

First Post
"Oooooh! Look at him!" Erin called out in excitement as Ace came into view. "Young, handsome... could stand to lift a few more weights though, especially amongst this crowd!"

Already Erin was showing her weakness for men, especially young ones. At twenty-five it wasn't quite robbing the cradle, but her reaction to Ace's arrival did draw a few odd glances, none moreso than those of her co-announcer.

"R-Right. Well whatever his looks its his outfit that should be of most interest to our viewers! If memory and our research team are to be believe, that logo on his outfit marks him as part of the turtle school of martial arts." The man barked into the microphone as he scanned a pile of pages that had been set in front of him. "True fans of the tournament would know that a turtle school fighter won the 24th Tenkaichi Budokai... only two tournaments before the fifteen time winning streak of the great Mr. Satan!"

As the pair continued to comment on and debate the various merits of each fighter in groups A and B, as well as the oncoming rush of other fighters, the massive beast of a man who had gotten into a scuffle with Ace before the match grinned at him across the space separating them.

"Your bad luck. Half the fighters on this platform are from my dojo, the rest of you aren't even going to see the halfway point of this fight."

Before Ace could collect himself enough to fight, the signal, a shouted "Hajime!" was given and half a dozen screaming fighters launched across the ring at him, their boss standing back to watch with a smug grin.

BBs

First Post
Frost did his best to keep him seperated from the other mongrels. These lesser ilk only fear what they cannot fathom. Wearing a cloak over him and black pants did not really cover the obvious but it may have helped reduce panic, and may have been the reason he was entered.

As he was waiting for the tournament to begin he was using some tools he brought along from his journey to keep his robotic arm working. Old space tech always need some love. He gave a slight smirk over hearing the rules. Allowed to kill eh? These pathetic things are actually able to kill? HA! I doubt that! They do not even deserve death by my hand! Giving a grin as he finished up his repairs, picked up his tools, and left for the tournament to begin.

His smile became slightly bigger to see basically everyone else towering over him. Excellent! These idiotic monkey wannabes will under estimate me due to my size. That will be their downfall! He watched the fights and waited for him to be called to take out his first victim.

OOC: Sorry I was late with the post, I hope this does not screw anything up for you Caros. :)

Darksfear

First Post
Corbin watched the other participants of the tournament carefully. He was not interested in the event itself. He needed to do well however if he wanted to use it to further his ends. He was on a long search for one who uses the ancient dark ki like himself. He had been searching for more than a year when the trail went cold. This was the only way he could think of to pick up the scent of those he was hunting. Just the thought of catching his prey caused the dark ki he normally suppressed within himself to stir. He looked over to the others on his platform and gave them a cold smile. While he let out no words and assumed no fighting stances, his stare said all he needed to. Come!

OOC: Featured Gimmick: Obvious Foreigner

So how are we doing order of declaration? Do you go first, do we go first, or do we rotate?

Last edited:

Raivon

First Post
Talula, a young bunny girl with long black hair put up and dressed in a dark purple shirt and shorts with knee high black boots, stood up on the ring next to all the others, keeping to her self. She didn't want to bother herself with people that wouldn't be around for too long. Her main focus was the fight. Waiting for the match to start, she stands there watching everyone else eye up each other and making remarks at one another.
"I wonder when the fun starts.." still looking around, thinking how fun it is going to be when she beats a few of the cocky buggers in the ring with her.
Seeing others getting ready, Talula takes a small step back watching for anyone to get too close to her, getting ready to defend and counter.
OOC: Not overly good at openings. Didn't do too bad I hope. lol

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
I don't think we're supposed to start with any extra cards, are we? Just the five from our deck, correct? OK So I've rolled, now what? How exactly are we going to do this? I've posted my combo/block info and my rolled cards in sblocks below..

[sblock=Combo, Block]
No Combo, attacking with Mind against strength (Essentially trying to trick someone into attacking me by the edge, and knocking them off.
Block: Pair of 9's (Hearts, Diamonds)
Powering Up my other 3 cards.
[/sblock]
[sblock=DiceRolls]
1-10 is hearts, 11-20 diamonds, 21-30 clubs and 31-40 spades
2, 9, 11, 19, 34
Cards = 2, 9 Hearts; 1, 9 Diamonds, 4 Spades.[/sblock]

Remove ads