• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drow Nimble Warrior build... ideas ?

Rashak Mani

First Post
We are starting a Drow campaign soon... and I confess I've been playing way too much Star Wars lately... so my D&D PC building skill are quite rusty. :confused:

I want to avoid the "tank" build and make a more classic nimble male Drow Warrior... maybe a combination of 3 Swashbuckler levels with Fighter levels for Feat festival. He must deliver enough damage to be effective naturally... without being to roguish. Base attack should be high too. 32 points.
(He doesn't need to be a Drow actually... but I think I'd rather not be the only non-Drow onboard.)

Feat ideas ? Whirlwind attack seems nice if pricey to get. Worth it ? Elusive target would be the natural next choice. 3rd lvl Swashbuckler means I can use some Int in the damage... so STR can stay on an economical 14. Dex probably 16 w/ racial going to 18.

Kensai prestige class seems nice... but with the oath and some wierd oaths requirements that might be hard on a Drow. The Exotic Weapon Master same. Its intimidate ability is for PrC class level or total class levels ?

Well as far as character concept he will be one of the skilled in bed male drows that keeps a high level female as his protector. I just don't know what skill would represent this ! (Performance ?) He will be sent on the mission to keep an eye for the scheming Matron while protecting/bodyguard for her daughter.

Thanks

pbd

First Post
How about Ranger 2/fighter 4/dervish x

Dervish is a good PrC for a nimble fighter type you get a speed anhancement, a binus to AC in light armor and get to treat scimitars as light weapons.

Take the TWF style for ranger and add weapon focus and spec (scimitar). Once you start on dervish you can dual wield scimitars as light weapons. You nee several other feats and 3 ranks in tumble and perform (dance) for the PrC, but that is doable.

The dervish dance ability is very nice, you get to move while attacking and dish out major damage. The only drawback is the potential to be ripped on for playing a "Dryzz't" type character (frikkin' books ruining a perfectly good character idea). Just make him really evil and that should stop comparisons.

Taloras

First Post
How about the Ghost Faced Killer from Complete Adventurer? Or the Nightsong Enforcer? Or even Tempest (Swashbuckler + fighter with twf feats? or even ranger).

Definitely at least 3 swashbuckler no matter what and 17 Dex 17 Int and 17 con w/racial 14 Str 10 Wis and Con

If your DM doesn't do TWF penalties unless you attack with both do whip and shortsword otherwise whatever you want

Remove ads