• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Druid Shapeshift Clarification?

LiL KiNG

First Post
Making an NPC from a minotaur-like race (6 racial HD, +2LA, and the Feral template) who will have 4 levels of Druid.
Since he won't have wildshape I was looking at the shapeshift alternate class feature from PHB II - I'd like to use this as it's always available and easy to manage/use, however I'm not sure if I'm reading the ability right.
It says you transform to a creature of your size and uses medium/small creatures as an example, so would a large creature transform into a large version of the animal?
Also since he will have claws, imp. grab, rend, rake, and pounce from Feral, are these still usable abilities in the shapeshifted form? I'm pretty sure the gore attack is out, that's fine. The chosen 'to look like' form will be either a lion or a tiger if that helps - maybe people would see a wolf as not being able to use those abilities.
Just trying to get some clarification as to what all the creature can still do. I realize spellcasting is out, even with natural spell, and I'm fine with that too. I pretty sure almost everybody will see shapshifting as a weak ability comparitively, just want to make it clear that I'm ok with this, just need to know how to run it right.
Thanks in advance!

Sekhmet

First Post
You'll lose your own natural attacks, which means Gore and Claw attacks go away.
However, you'll retain your class features, type (and templates), Ex, Su, and SL abilities. This means you'll still be able to use Imp Grab, Rend, Rake, and Pounce.
You'll transform into a creature of your size (of your choosing), so if you happen to be naturally large, you'll shapeshift into a large animal.

If your DM is fine with Feral, that is.

Remove ads