• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Druid Shield Bash

While all these druids are throwings stones in their grass houses and losing their powers, what kinda damage does a rock do? 1d3 Bludgeoning? How about range increments?

Acmite

First Post
Ooops! The kindly Doctor corrected me.....Vadania would indeed suffer a -4 to her attacks...and the wording suggests that she may lose her abilities after-all.

I think making a druid lose her abilities for using a normal wooden shield as a bash attack is against the spirit of the rules...but losing them for using shield spikes would be perfectly fine.

That's how I would rule it, if I was a DM. Or, if I was in charage of PHB errata. Mind you, in that case, I would remove the hard restrictions on Druids altogether, and make limited multi-classing an OPTIONAL rule for Monks and Paladins, instead of allowing unfettered multi-classing as the house-rule.

Remove ads