Dungeon Bash - High Levels

Flyspeck23

First Post
The long awaited update for Dungeon Bash is coming this week (Thursday or Friday).

All previous customers will receive the updated ZIP for free, featuring these additions:

* New chapter: High Levels (including Advanced Reaction Flow-Charts)
* expanded opponents file
* alternative opponents file (sorted by CR)
* high level treasure tables
* new encounter tables for high levels
* alternative encounter tables (smaller font > more tables per page)

We'll be adding cards (dungeon generator, encounters, treasures) at a later, but frankly that's not a priority right now, as all of you seem more than happy with the tables. Or am I wrong here?

Flyspeck23

First Post
It's out now!

For some reason I had some difficulties uploading the ZIP to RPGNow.com, but that's just a matter of time (a day or so, I hope)... if you bought your copy at the ENGS you can download the updated version right away!

The list above isn't complete. Here's what I forgot about the last time around:

* An appendix with all NPCs has been added to the print-version rulebook (only) for ease of reference.
* The summary PDF now features the Advanced Reaction Flow-Charts from (the new) Chapter 7.
* An alternative full-color cover for the print-version rulebook.

Coming next: the POD version :)

Flyspeck23

First Post
Now the update is officially available to anyone, wherever they bought the game. Huzzah!

And best of all: even though I planned to raise the price by a dollar or two (to reward both the previous customers for waiting so patiently and me for completing the tremendous task that was this update ;) ), I didn't. Because, well, it wouldn't be fair...

That doesn't mean I forgot about the before-mentioned patient customers - I'll make up to them soon :cool:

telengard_t

First Post
Flyspeck23 said:
It's out now!

For some reason I had some difficulties uploading the ZIP to RPGNow.com, but that's just a matter of time (a day or so, I hope)... if you bought your copy at the ENGS you can download the updated version right away!

The list above isn't complete. Here's what I forgot about the last time around:

* An appendix with all NPCs has been added to the print-version rulebook (only) for ease of reference.
* The summary PDF now features the Advanced Reaction Flow-Charts from (the new) Chapter 7.
* An alternative full-color cover for the print-version rulebook.

Coming next: the POD version :)

Hi there,

I personally would like the cards but I could always make them myself I guess.

~telengard

Flyspeck23

First Post
telengard_t said:
Hi there,

I personally would like the cards but I could always make them myself I guess.

~telengard

Encounter and Dungeon Generators cards? Got the layout pinned down, and the DG cards wouldn't be that hard to do. Encounter would be a little more work though.

But let me first get some other card projects (Complete Item Cards, for instance) out of the way...

As for DIY: maybe it'd be a good idea to write about that on the DB Site - some tips and advice and somesuch.

telengard_t

First Post
Flyspeck23 said:
Encounter and Dungeon Generators cards? Got the layout pinned down, and the DG cards wouldn't be that hard to do. Encounter would be a little more work though.

But let me first get some other card projects (Complete Item Cards, for instance) out of the way...

As for DIY: maybe it'd be a good idea to write about that on the DB Site - some tips and advice and somesuch.

Hi there,

Any cards would be good. :) Seriously though, it's not a big deal... no rush etc.

I tried making cards for the dungeon generation but I couldn't figure out how to make the "deck" to match the 3 different tables and have it work correctly. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Advice would be good yep. :)

thanks,
~telengard

Flyspeck23

First Post
telengard_t said:
Any cards would be good. :) Seriously though, it's not a big deal... no rush etc.

I tried making cards for the dungeon generation but I couldn't figure out how to make the "deck" to match the 3 different tables and have it work correctly. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Advice would be good yep. :)

That's the tricky part :)

The cards will work in slightly different ways to the tables - the cards aren't ready yet (obviously), so it's quite hard to say how. The system I'm working on will result in slightly different dungeons.

If designing your own, take the tables as a starting point, but design every card in a way that all cards don't have open-ended corridors - just dead ends and doors. That way, you should be able to combine the corridor table and the "door opened from corridor" table into a single set of cards, without a need for the third table.

That'll be the way the "official" cards will work, more or less. I'll probaly redesign the "corridor" results a little though. Or not ;)

Remove ads